Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Tennessee/N.C. mountains in late Oct.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:52 AM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Tennessee/N.C. mountains in late Oct.

I will be in the Tennessee/N.C. mountains from Oct. 25th till the 28th. Unfortunately I will have 2 passengers which means I have to leave the vette home again. I will be staying in north Georgia at Brasstown Valley and leaving early each morning to drive/photograph the mountains. The current plans are Tennessee on Thursday, N.C on Friday with Saturday and Sunday undecided at this time. Will anyone else be in that area that weekend?

Last edited by carlton_fritz; 09-23-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Jamie Slick
Team Owner

Location: "The people you choose to surround yourself with define who you are..."
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I'll be out of town. Sorry to miss you..............

One of these days.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Jamie Slick
I'll be out of town. Sorry to miss you..............

One of these days.
Yeah. At least I did see you and your husband driving along one time while I was up there. I am looking forward to Cades Cove again. I got some really good shots of deer last time and am still trying to see some bear I can get.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Jamie Slick
Team Owner

Location: "The people you choose to surround yourself with define who you are..."
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz
Yeah. At least I did see you and your husband driving along one time while I was up there. I am looking forward to Cades Cove again. I got some really good shots of deer last time and am still trying to see some bear I can get.
I remember that.

I love Cades Cove. If you can go on a weekday it won't be quite as crowded. Hopefully the leaves won't all be gone then. the fall colors in the smokies are fantastic.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:18 PM
als2052
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On week of 22nd will be starting at Bowling Green and working our way east via Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola and Blue Ridge Pkwy with JCB_NJB. Maybe our paths will cross...
Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Jamie Slick
I remember that.

I love Cades Cove. If you can go on a weekday it won't be quite as crowded. Hopefully the leaves won't all be gone then. the fall colors in the smokies are fantastic.
For this reason I want to hit Cades Cove on Thursday. Hopefully the weather helps the leaves have nice color.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:46 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by als2052
On week of 22nd will be starting at Bowling Green and working our way east via Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola and Blue Ridge Pkwy with JCB_NJB. Maybe our paths will cross...
I will be in a Chevy Avalanche with Bibb county Georgia tags. Beige in color.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Jamie Slick
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by als2052
I'll miss you too. I'll be out of town from Oct 20 - Nov 1.
For this reason I want to hit Cades Cove on Thursday. Hopefully the weather helps the leaves have nice color.
good....Thursday will be better than a weekend day for sure. And I do hope the leaves hold out for you.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
VERTAGO
Melting Slicks

Location: OBSESSED is the word lazy people use to describe those who are DEDICATED TN
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Not sure where I'll be then, but park regulations concerning photography has changed so unless you're doing it from your vehicle you might want to check with park hqtrs.

Our photography club (http://www.sanp.net/events.htm) is having two rangers at our mtg. Tues. to discuss this very subject. Unfortunately I'll be missing that mtg. Should I get any written info I'll pass it along.

Happy shoot'n!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by VERTAGO
Not sure where I'll be then, but park regulations concerning photography has changed so unless you're doing it from your vehicle you might want to check with park hqtrs.

Our photography club (http://www.sanp.net/events.htm) is having two rangers at our mtg. Tues. to discuss this very subject. Unfortunately I'll be missing that mtg. Should I get any written info I'll pass it along.

Happy shoot'n!!!!
Just a couple weeks ago I was at Cades Cove. There was a park ranger standing with some guy that was photographing a couple of bucks. He was out of his vehicle and following the deer through the fields. I took all my photos either from the vehicle or from on top of the vehicle.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
VERTAGO
Melting Slicks

Location: OBSESSED is the word lazy people use to describe those who are DEDICATED TN
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Just a couple weeks ago I was at Cades Cove. There was a park ranger standing with some guy that was photographing a couple of bucks. He was out of his vehicle and following the deer through the fields. I took all my photos either from the vehicle or from on top of the vehicle.
COOL! I've photographed people for a publication with their VERY YOUNG children in fields as if the animals were pets..........as you know, THEY'RE NOT! I was LIVID! People don't seem to realize the danger they're putting themselves, let alone their children in. Fortunately nothing happened, but it could've. I'm glad the publication actually RAN the photos with a story on safety.

I hate I'll miss this mtg. because I want to know the rules. I know they're only protecting people from themselves, but imagine what the cove would look like if everyone that visited walked into the fields....trails everywhere!

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Have a great time and hopefully I'll be able to join y'all!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 PM
carlton_fritz
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by VERTAGO
COOL! I've photographed people for a publication with their VERY YOUNG children in fields as if the animals were pets..........as you know, THEY'RE NOT! I was LIVID! People don't seem to realize the danger they're putting themselves, let alone their children in. Fortunately nothing happened, but it could've. I'm glad the publication actually RAN the photos with a story on safety.

I hate I'll miss this mtg. because I want to know the rules. I know they're only protecting people from themselves, but imagine what the cove would look like if everyone that visited walked into the fields....trails everywhere!

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Have a great time and hopefully I'll be able to join y'all!
People are stupid. Wizard's First Rule. I remember seeing this idiot climbing over a fence to get photos of a mother bear with 2 cubs coming out of a tree. I started yelling out the window. "Get the stupid human! Get the stupid human!"
Old 09-23-2007, 10:43 PM
VERTAGO
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I remember seeing this idiot climbing over a fence to get photos of a mother bear with 2 cubs coming out of a tree. I started yelling out the window. "Get the stupid human! Get the stupid human!"
..........oh wait.......that may have been ME!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Tennessee/N.C. mountains in late Oct.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tennessee/N.C. mountains in late Oct.