C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window tint for a C6 in St. Pete,FL ANY GOOD REFERALS???

Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM
LightningMike
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint for a C6 in St. Pete,FL ANY GOOD REFERALS???

Just got my 08' C6 today.....need to get the windows tinted. Anyone have a good window tinter in the St. Petersburg,FL area? The side windows are easy, my concern is finding someone who can do a high quality job on the rear window!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:44 PM
DeaconBlue
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike,
I'm checkin' in from the C5 side. I used Dave Schlafley of Bay Area Auto Works. He's a cool guy, a Dale Jr. fan, my neighbor and does great work. Has has contracts w/Pinellas' Sheriff's Office and other agencies. Have seen recommendations from other Forum members in the Tampa Area. He somes to you, too!

Bill
Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
LightningMike
7th Gear

Thanks....do you happen to have a number? Is he located in St. Pete if i need to look him up?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
DeaconBlue
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bad for not giving you the number from the start: 727-724-3333. Also as a comparison, I have had good luck w/Window Kote (check the phone book) and good luck w/a small shop on Court St. as you head to Clw Beach (sorry the name escapes me but they are in the Phone book, also. This shop tints your car in an a/c controlled environment).

Bill
Old 07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
LightningMike
7th Gear

Thanks for the help....great referals!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
bob98
Instructor

Default St Pete windo tint

I also used Dave for my 07 coupe, based on Deaconblue's recommendation. He came to my house and I was very pleased.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
vlevick
Advanced

WindowKote on 38th Avenue North and 16th Street did mine and did a great job. They stand behind their work. I have had several cars done there over the years.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
04BlackCoupe
Advanced

I have used Window Kote on Ulmerton Road in Largo for several cars and they do great work. They did my C5 coupe and they did the best job I have ever seen on the dots in the back window. I would highly recommend them. After I pick up my C6 at the museum on Aug 9 it will go there to have its windows tinted.

On another note what dealer in the area would everyone recommend for service on the C6?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Alreadyinuse
Instructor

Default Wow this is a timely thread for me

Originally Posted by 04BlackCoupe
I have used Window Kote on Ulmerton Road in Largo for several cars and they do great work. They did my C5 coupe and they did the best job I have ever seen on the dots in the back window. I would highly recommend them. After I pick up my C6 at the museum on Aug 9 it will go there to have its windows tinted.

On another note what dealer in the area would everyone recommend for service on the C6?
I hope to see my coupe arrive at Maher in St. Pete late next week and wanna do the windows first thing!
I'm really wondering also who might provide best dealer and aftermarket service in the area..
Old 07-28-2007, 06:41 AM
MAXIBOB05C6
Advanced

[QUOTE=Alreadyinuse;1561256959]I hope to see my coupe arrive at Maher in St. Pete late next week and wanna do the windows first thing!
I'm really wondering also who might provide best dealer and aftermarket service in the area..[/QUOT

I've been conducting business with Maher for over 15 years and they have several superior corvettte tech's. I always have exxperienced solid work , both on 04 C5 and now on my 05 C6. On the original post, I to have had good luck with WINDOW COTE - 16TH STREET & 38TH AVE NORTH IN ST. PETE!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VETTE!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:43 AM
chirocorvette
Burning Brakes

Greetings from Seminole. I'll have to look up Window Kote when I buy my C6 in a few months.

Get notified of new replies

To Window tint for a C6 in St. Pete,FL ANY GOOD REFERALS???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window tint for a C6 in St. Pete,FL ANY GOOD REFERALS???