Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Any "Klasse" Wax Users/Opinions?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Chris Kennedy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any "Klasse" Wax Users/Opinions?

Hi!

I was in an auto parts store recently and was looking at a liquid wax called "Klasse". There were two versions, and the one I was looking at was the all-in-one version in a red container. I have seen this stuff for years, and read up a bit on it, and was wondering if anyone has used it and, if so, was there anything particularly special about it, other than its high price? You know, all these waxes and polishes say the same thing about how if you use them your life will be complete!

Thanks!

Chris Kennedy
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
03whitecoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never used Klasse, but have heard good reports about it. You may want to check out the "car care products" forum as you should get better results.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

I use the AIO, all in one, as a base for whatever I put on as a last step product. I think that stuff is great as it cleans up water spots, bug guts, bird doo, tar, even cleans glass and I use it on my chrome wheels.
It lasts thru a fair amount of washings too.....not forever but I seem to get about 3 or 4 months before it feels like it needs to be re-done.

Usually I use another synthetic over it, Menzerna FMJ. It feels a bit softer than the AIO. A few of the guys over in the Detailing section say it is very uv resistant. That's why I use it, I figure black needs all the help it can get.

I like the stuff alot because it cleans almost any surface on the outside of a car.

Tom
Old 03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Mike_88Z51
Drifting

Location: Sacramento, CA Money can't buy happiness - but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than a Yugo.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used Klasse AIO for a couple of years now. It is an average wax/sealant, but it is an outstanding cleaner. I like to use it on my rims, as it will clean them up and seal them at the same time. Extremely easy to use for cleaning and shining the rims every other month or so. It also works great as a just before Zaino prep on most other surfaces where you want to spend the time.

I had an old pickup that was really, really, badly oxidized. I tried several different cleaners and paint restorers as well as some paint buffing compounds to restore the paint. While most worked well initially, nothing lasted more than a few weeks due to the poor paint condition. I finally tried AIO as a last resort and it worked miracles. The paint looked almost new. Then after putting a coat of Zaino on top, the shine lasted months. I eventually sold the truck for high retail to a guy who begged me to sell it to him. The Klasse AIO probably got me $500 -$800 more due to the way the paint looked. The big plus was that I could tell the buyer about Klasse and know that if he used it, the paint wouldn't go crappy looking on him after he got it home and then be mad at me.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

AIO is a nice product with lots of uses. SG is pretty tricky to work with but has good durability.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
50yrzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZaneO
AIO is a nice product with lots of uses. SG is pretty tricky to work with but has good durability.

I've used the AIO on my chrome wheels and they really look clean and feel slick. Same for paint, it cleans nicely and feels slick. I wouldn't expect it to do much for serious blemishes. I agree totally w/ the comment on Sealant Glaze. I tried it and tried it again to give it a fair shot and it is a PIA to remove if you let it haze. I don't know how I could have applied it any thinner but apparantly you must have to. Have read on other forums about using it in a spray bottle so you can just mist it on. Also, I think some are using WOWO and having good results. With that said, I think it is a pretty good product for looks and durability. AIO is pretty easy to work with.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Klasse All-In-One Polish (Car-Lack) is an acrylic polymer resin that also contains lots of very fine abrasives, in the form of a polishing chalk ("polierkreide" in German) that will remove very sleight surface marring, it also contains a chemical (solvent) cleaner that removes imbedded dirt, light oxidation, which occurs when paint loses it’s natural oils, tree sap, road film and old wax plus it provides an tough acrylic protection. The foundation of the Klasse line this is a true one-step product. It cleans polishes and protects in one easy step. All-in-one is the first component of a two-part system; by adding the SG to the base coat of AIO it enhances protection, durability and the paints appearance.

Like most I like AIO as it has many other uses besides paint cleaning

1960- A German manufacturer Car-Lack (Klasse in US) was the first admixing polyethylene to be used instead of wax, and a European company Autoglym(were originally Swedish, they re-named for the UK market with a very British image, which became even more so once awarded the Royal Warrant) formulated acrylic resin car care products. Mercedes-Benz dealerships used the Car-Lack sealant, while Jaguar and various other English carmakers (Jaguar, Aston-Martin, Rolls Royce and Bentley) favoured Autoglym products

ZAIO is serious comp
Old 03-16-2007, 03:44 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by ZaneO

I found that the AIO lacks durability but had descent cleaning abilities. I used to use it on my wheels all the time but it has since been replaced with Z-AIO.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Chris Kennedy
Instructor

Thanks, everyone, for your responses---I really appreciate it. I think I will try some and let you know what I think.

Thanks, again,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Get notified of new replies

To Any "Klasse" Wax Users/Opinions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any "Klasse" Wax Users/Opinions?