C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1lt 2lt 3lt? What specifically do they all mean?

Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Jhyten
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1lt 2lt 3lt? What specifically do they all mean?

I am in the market for a new vette and what are all the differences of the 1lt etc?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default see below

Differences in what you get in the car when built.

1LT
Active Handling System
Air filtration system: includes pollen filter
Brakes: four-wheel antilock disc
Climate (temperature) controls: dual-zone, automatic for driver and right-front passenger
Doors: hatch release, push-button open/power rear latching
Engine: LS2 6.0L V8
Floor mats: carpeted
Foglamps: halogen
Headlamps: dual projector, xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) low beam and tungsten-halogen high beam, includes Automatic Exterior Lamp Control
Keyless Access: includes Push-Button Start and two remote transmitters that enable automatic door unlock and open by touching a door pad
Mirror, inside rearview: manual day/night with dual reading lamps
Mirrors, outside: power-adjustable, heated, body-colored
Seat controls: driver, six-way power-adjustable
Seating: leather seating surfaces
Steering column: Tilt-Wheel, manual
Tires: front, P245/40ZR-18, Extended Mobility, Eagle F1
Tires: rear, P285/35ZR-19, Extended Mobility, Eagle F1
Wheels: 18- x 8.5-inch front and 19- x 10-inch rear, five-spoke, Silver Painted Aluminum

2LT
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1LT features:
Cargo area: cargo convenience net
Cargo area: luggage shade
Seat controls: right-front passenger, six-way power-adjustable
Seating: leather seating surfaces, perforated
Seats: front, bucket, Sport; include back-angle adjusters, adjustable lumbar support and side bolsters

3LT
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 2LT features:
Audio system: Bose premium seven-speaker system
Head-Up Display: includes readouts for street mode, track mode with g-meter, vehicle speed, engine rpm and readings from key gauges including coolant temperature and oil pressure
Memory Package: includes two-position presets for drivers such as six-way power driver seat, telescoping steering wheel and outside mirror positions
Mirror, inside rearview: auto-dimming with dual reading lamps and eight-point compass
Mirrors, outside: power, heated, include driver-side auto-dimming feature, body-color
Seats: driver and right-front passenger, heated
Steering column: power telescoping, includes manual Tilt-Wheel
Steering wheel: includes mounted audio controls
Universal Home Remote transmitter
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are different options packages. go to chevy.com and look up corvette. it spells out what each has
Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a sticker in the car that would have the option indicated? Is this indicated in the VIN?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

A base coupe is 1LT. A base vert is 2LT.

The options the car has are not in the VIN. The only thing the VIN will tell you is what body style it is. However, a person who has access to the GM system can look up the VIN and it will tell them what options it has.

The 3LT option code (or whatever option package you have), along with all the individual option codes making up that package will be on a black & white sticker on the inside door of the glovebox.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 01-21-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JimTN
A base coupe is 1LT. A base vert is 2LT.

The options the car has are not in the VIN. The only thing the VIN will tell you is what body style it is. However, a person who has access to the GM system can look up the VIN and it will tell them what options it has.

The 3LT option code (or whatever option package you have), along with all the individual option codes making up that package will be on a black & white sticker on the inside door of the glovebox.
Jim,

Thank you for your help. My confusion is that I have a 1SB package according to glove box, the car is a new 2006 which I purchased in December. It had 120 KM (approx 70 miles).

According to Radical05's description I have a 3LT, cause mine is loaded. I have the Z51, NAV, XM, glass roof sub for painted, mem seat package, filter,and on, and on and on...

Could it be that as a Canadian car we tend to do things differently (ie, naming conventions)?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SilverSurferC6
Jim,

Thank you for your help. My confusion is that I have a 1SB package according to glove box, the car is a new 2006 which I purchased in December. It had 120 KM (approx 70 miles).

According to Radical05's description I have a 3LT, cause mine is loaded. I have the Z51, NAV, XM, glass roof sub for painted, mem seat package, filter,and on, and on and on...

Could it be that as a Canadian car we tend to do things differently (ie, naming conventions)?

That's what someone else told us in another thread - Canadian cars are 1SB instead of 3LT, even if it's a 2006 model. The individual options that go to make up both of those option packages are approximately equivalent.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Jhyten
Instructor

ok so just so i understand. If i am purchasing a car that has heated seats or the HUD then it obviously is a 3lt package right? How do i discern if it is z51? Does z51 come in 1lt 2lt or 3lt or only 3lt and all 3lts? Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jhyten
ok so just so i understand. If i am purchasing a car that has heated seats or the HUD then it obviously is a 3lt package right? How do i discern if it is z51? Does z51 come in 1lt 2lt or 3lt or only 3lt and all 3lts? Thanks for the help guys
Yes, HUD & heated seats means 3LT, except in Canada, where it means 1SB.

You can get the Z51 handling package no matter which of the 3 option packages you're getting. You cannot get the Z51 handling package with the F55 suspension.

You'd almost have to look on the sticker on the inside of the glovebox door to be sure you've got the Z51 package. If you know what to look for, supposedly you can look under the hood.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
ED HEISER
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Z51?

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Read the inside of the glove box lid, if it says "Z51" anywhere on the sticker, I'll bet it's a Z51 optioned car. Mine does.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Lightning Coyote
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ShawnDFW
they are different options packages. go to chevy.com and look up corvette. it spells out what each has
Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JimTN
Yes, HUD & heated seats means 3LT, except in Canada, where it means 1SB.

You can get the Z51 handling package no matter which of the 3 option packages you're getting. You cannot get the Z51 handling package with the F55 suspension.

You'd almost have to look on the sticker on the inside of the glovebox door to be sure you've got the Z51 package. If you know what to look for, supposedly you can look under the hood.
Confirmation everyone:

After a heated debate on this question, several dealers have confirmed that we (as Canadians), march to the beat of a different drummer. Apparently we "package the vehicles differently". So the bottom line is that a 1SB = 3LT for us Canucks.

Get notified of new replies

To 1lt 2lt 3lt? What specifically do they all mean?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1lt 2lt 3lt? What specifically do they all mean?