C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPD Installing SIXTH APS C6 TT Kit Now On Brabus2's C6!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:30 PM
C6 XPLOSVE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHRPM
Shawn, Al and the rest of the LAPD guys....keep up the good work. We all know who the the "other" shop is that created the "nightmare" problem. Their list of dissatisified former customers continues to grow.....and grow.
So is there a reason why everyone has to stay quiet or is staying quiet? Why is the owner of the car (brabus2) NOT posting who the shop is that messed his car up? I sure would if it was my car. Why the CIA type of posts here? It makes no sense to me at all.

This type of mentality is so stupid! It's as if you are going to get whacked by Tony Soprano for speaking up and telling the truth or your story about this shop. Someone needs to stand up and not feel afraid of getting flamed. Just my opinion.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 PM
turbo_tom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6 XPLOSVE
So is there a reason why everyone has to stay quiet or is staying quiet? Why is the owner of the car (brabus2) NOT posting who the shop is that messed his car up? I sure would if it was my car. Why the CIA type of posts here? It makes no sense to me at all.

This type of mentality is so stupid! It's as if you are going to get whacked by Tony Soprano for speaking up and telling the truth or your story about this shop. Someone needs to stand up and not feel afraid of getting flamed. Just my opinion.

The only mentality that's stupid is your own. Why does a car have to be "messed up" to have a motor upgrade?

I'm likely going to be pulling my motor next fall in favor of forged internals and lower compression, so what?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:31 PM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Richard, hope to see you and your crazy new ride at the GTG tomorrow!!!

Adam
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Turbo Tom you obviously didn't read the thread so I'll help you out. LAPD already confirmed that the motor blew here.
Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
Actually we didn't want to say anything because brabus2 wanted us to keep this quiet, but now that we are questioned as if this was our fault, here is the truth of the matter.

The last shop (who is to remain nameless at this point) to work on brabus2's car improperly installed his alky injection. It wasn't wired in properly and it shorted causing the motor to hydrolock. The alky injection kit shorted out due to improper wiring and flooded the stock engine with a gallon of alcohol. We did NOT install his alky injection kit.

At brabus2's request, we pulled the hydrolocked motor out and put the 402 in. We also removed his entire alky injection kit. We never even got a chance to run the stock LS2 motor with the APS kit. If the alky injection kit was properly wired and installed, we would have been able to complete it like the other APS C6s we have successfully completed.

I hope this clears this up and will allow us all to move on.

Thank you.

Shawn
If it really is the same shop that built my car, as someone mentioned, then it's A&A. I'm sure Brabus has his reasons for not wanting to comment on the shop. Maybe we should all just let it go.

Quick Reply: LAPD Installing SIXTH APS C6 TT Kit Now On Brabus2's C6!!!