Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Removing tire tracks from driveway?

Old 09-29-2006, 12:22 PM
C5Vert4Jeff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing tire tracks from driveway?

What's the best product to use to remove tire tracks from my driveway. I was told that a power washer will remover the protective coating. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5Vert4Jeff
What's the best product to use to remove tire tracks from my driveway. I was told that a power washer will remover the protective coating. Thanks in advance.
Is your driveway plain concrete, asphalt or is it painted ?

For plain concrete, a pressure washer with some concrete cleaner will do the trick.

You can also try some clorox bleach and water with a good bristle driveway broom if you don't own a pressure washer.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:46 PM
C5Vert4Jeff
Instructor

I have plain concrete. I'll give the clorox a shot. I noticed a contractor on my way in to work using soft scrub and a brush.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad I could help. I use chlorox in a garden sprayer mixed with water. I wet the concrete with water from the hose, spray the driveway in sections using the chlorox and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I rinse it off with the hose and it looks brand new.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

www.oileater.com
Old 09-29-2006, 05:16 PM
black bart
Drifting

A Heavy-Duty Floor Cleaner
Here's a recipe for a solution that will remove extra-tough dirt and grime from asphalt, glazed or unglazed ceramic tile, concrete, flagstone, and slate floors:

Mix 1⁄4 cup low-sudsing, all-purpose cleaner; 1 cup ammonia; and 1⁄2 gallon cool or cold water. Caution: Wear rubber gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area when using this powerful solution.
Apply the solution to the floor with a sponge mop, using pressure for heavily soiled areas; rinse with cool, clear water for spotless results.
Dry with a soft cloth.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:13 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're using bleach, be careful not to get rinse water on your grass. It could kill it.

I use a power washer on mine, but I bet that Greased Lightning would do a good job.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by easyrider13
If you're using bleach, be careful not to get rinse water on your grass. It could kill it.

I use a power washer on mine, but I bet that Greased Lightning would do a good job.
On my driveway I have a nice border on the edges thanks to my lawn service I don't spray the water hard, just use it with an open hose and wash the water down the driveway. I'm also using a diluted mix so I've never had any problems with my lawn. When it's done it looks like brand new concrete though.

Thompson's also makes a good concrete sealer. After it's clean and dry, you can put that down which will help protect it for a year or so.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing tire tracks from driveway?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing tire tracks from driveway?