C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Keeps Going Dead

Old 08-14-2006, 11:07 AM
75BrownC3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery Keeps Going Dead

This past Friday I took out the Vette to a local cruise. I brought it home and parked it in the garage. Saturday I thought I would try to find out why my radio wasn't working so I took the passenger side dash apart to get to the speakers. Found out that the speaker is no good anymore but the radio does work. I kept it apart after I removed the speaker. Sunday I go out and the battery is dead. I did close all the doors Saturday so the interior light was not on. I put a charger on the battery all day long and it still won't start or even turn over. I did have an interior light yesterday but went out this morning and nothing. Is there anything behind the passenger dash that may be triggered when it is removed?
Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure the battery is any good?
Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 PM
MartyW
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ljthe2nd
Are you sure the battery is any good?

After charging it did you check with a voltmeter? It should read 12.6 I believe if fully charged.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
75BrownC3
Instructor

The battery is less than 6 months old but that don't mean squat. I'll have to borrow my friends volt meter to check it out. When I get home tonight, I'll put the dash back together and put the charger back on it.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:44 PM
craigbaker
Intermediate

I had the same with my 75 this weekend Left the car for a few days without starting and then it won't turn over. I'd check that the battery holds a charge first - charge it up and then see if you can turn the lights or wipers on after leaving it for a while. If it still doesn't hold a charge you'll almost certainly need a new battery. If it does, and the car won't turn over it's probably an alternator/solenoid/starter motor/wiring problem.

anyways, hope you get it sorted!

Craig
Old 08-14-2006, 08:20 PM
75BrownC3
Instructor

I think I may have found my problem. There is a box behind the passenger side dash with about 8 wires going to it in a wiring harness. I am thinking there might be a short either in the connector or in the box that the wiring harness plugs into. I don't know what this box is or what it does. I can't find where it is supposed to be mounted to either. Any help knowing what this box is or what it does?

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Keeps Going Dead

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery Keeps Going Dead