C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing & Installing A Multifunction Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 PM
CARLOS N. VARGAS
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing & Installing A Multifunction Switch

Hi Corvette Lovers:
Would Someone Out There Please Explain How To Remove & Install A Multifunction Switch,on A 1998 C5 Corvette?
Thank U
Carlos
Old 07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by CARLOS N. VARGAS
Hi Corvette Lovers:
Would Someone Out There Please Explain How To Remove & Install A Multifunction Switch,on A 1998 C5 Corvette?
Thank U
Carlos
If you're referring to the turn signal switch, here's a thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...unction+switch
...on that switch. I've not had to change one yet, but I do have the Corvette Service Manuals and I'm sure there are detailed instructions in there...

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 07-11-2006, 02:20 AM
vizette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK this is gonna be really vague since it was last year I did this, but under the steering column there are a couple screws that need to be removed that will drop the bottom cover. I think there is another screw or two you need to take out to get the top half off.

Then there are 2 or 3 torx head screws that hold the signal switch to the steering column. Those were the hardest part just because they're at funky angles. One from the top and one head on. I think I ended up using a flat head screwdriver that would fit in the torx notches to help get them out. The electrical connections are pretty obvious, the main connection and then a second small one that are all the typical snap together connectors.

It really wasn't too bad. I would guess an hours worth of work start to finish if doing it the first time.

-Rich
Old 07-12-2006, 10:46 PM
CARLOS N. VARGAS
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK U!! GUSTO AND RICH:
YOU GUYS ARE TWO ANGELS ON EARTH!
THANK U BOTH FOR THE HEADS UP!!!
THE INFO YOU BOTH GAVE ME WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
AND MAY GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOU ALWAYS!!!

CARLOS

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO WAVE!!

Get notified of new replies

To Removing & Installing A Multifunction Switch

Quick Reply: Removing & Installing A Multifunction Switch