Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z06, LG Cam only with LG Headers dyno results

Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default C6 Z06, LG Cam only with LG Headers dyno results

Hi guys,

Here is a recent C6 Z06 with our LG Pro Long Tubes, and G7X-3 cam. The intake valves and springs are upgraded. Very similar to our other packages.
We still don't have a complete cold air intake but we did add the Halltech new Z06 filter for the test.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
slgz06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is impressive. Maybe you have posted it before, but what are the specs on the new valves and valve springs? You say only cam and headers, so did you not do any tuning?

Last edited by slgz06; 03-27-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by slgz06
This is impressive. Maybe you have posted it before, but what are the specs on the new valves and valve springs? You say only cam and headers, so did you not do any tuning?

Sorry,

We always upgrade the springs, titanium retainers, hardened spring seats, ets on a Cam only package. at 543rwhp 508rwtq it is a very potent package, and with almost 450rwtq at 2800rpms it has the not only unmatched low end torque but great top end power as well.

The Valves are just an upgraded titanium valve with better flow but the same size as stock.

We did one recently that hit 556 rwhp 516rwtq and my personal Z will be on the dyno in a day or so to test a new G7X cam.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
KRAYZ308
Racer

Lou,

Any grind that might pass CA smog? They can not tell if it's aftermarket if it passes.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by KRAYZ308
Lou,

Any grind that might pass CA smog? They can not tell if it's aftermarket if it passes.

Thanks
We have had this package sniffer tested in Calif and it did pass the sniffer test. BUT with headers, which are not CARB approved it will still not pass unless the test facility ignores the headers.

LG

keep in mind that there are no Long Tube headers on the market that have a CARB approval number.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Blk03Z06
Racer

Lou

Maybe a stupid question but what is the driveability of this car like on a day-to-day basis with this package? Can you PM me the cost?

Marc
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Default Hi There...

I was up at your shop last Saturday for the first time and was really impressed with your staff there and your shop. I really got the grand tour and really appreciate the time spent. I was there to buy a skip shift switch and wound up just getting your guys to install it for me, as I have no lift or ramps etc.

While I was there they fired up the Blue Z you posted the picture of and moved it out front for some pictures with my Red Z. I noticed that Blue Z had a pretty considerable lope to it at idle. I am wondering where you would rate this cam on a scale of 1-10 for a street car; 1 being factory?

Mark Brown

Below link to Pictures
http://www.markbrown.com/cars/CIMG4988.JPG
http://www.markbrown.com/cars/CIMG4989.JPG

PS Enjoyed all the racing video’s on your web site.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 PM
ocnatv
Instructor

Im also curious about the driveability the car with this package. Is there a noticable difference in feel in acceleration? Also, what would you think 0-60 and 1/4 mile differences would be. Also, if one doesnt live in TX can we order a package like this and have it installed be another vet. shop? Thanks in advance..
Old 03-28-2006, 12:19 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by ocnatv
Im also curious about the driveability the car with this package. Is there a noticable difference in feel in acceleration? Also, what would you think 0-60 and 1/4 mile differences would be. Also, if one doesnt live in TX can we order a package like this and have it installed be another vet. shop? Thanks in advance..

Yes, this is a very nice daily driver package. The new Z06 has such a good engine management that it can handle a medium cam.

I made a mistake and called this a G7X-3 cam but it is a G7X-2 cam. the X3 was just put in my own R&D car this week.

You can go to www.LGMracing.com to check out the video of a car with this cam in it. the car in the Video was before we had any tuning and it was still idleing at 850rpms. We set the idle up a little now that we have tuning software.

As for a noticable difference, I would expect a 100 hp and 65 torque increase to be noticable not to mention that the torque at 3000 rpms is up over 70 ft pounds also. That will kick you in the seat nicely.

Here is the link if you don't want to go to the LGMracingsite and hunt for it. This also demonstrates our exhaust bypass switch. (remember this video was before tuning was available.

http://www.lgmracing.com/lgm-c6zo6-ebs.wmv

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 03-28-2006, 12:22 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by markbrown.com
I was up at your shop last Saturday for the first time and was really impressed with your staff there and your shop. I really got the grand tour and really appreciate the time spent. I was there to buy a skip shift switch and wound up just getting your guys to install it for me, as I have no lift or ramps etc.

While I was there they fired up the Blue Z you posted the picture of and moved it out front for some pictures with my Red Z. I noticed that Blue Z had a pretty considerable lope to it at idle. I am wondering where you would rate this cam on a scale of 1-10 for a street car; 1 being factory?

Mark Brown

PS Enjoyed all the racing video’s on your web site.
I am glad the guys took care of you and gave you the tour. I would rate this cam a 4 on a scale of 1-10

Thanks for stopping by.

LG
Old 03-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Tavarez
Drifting

That Z looks AWESOME, what wheels though. I usually wouldn't like that design but for some reason it looks great!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Tavarez
That Z looks AWESOME, what wheels though. I usually wouldn't like that design but for some reason it looks great!
I agree. They are Forgelines. We use them on our race cars also.

We can order them for you in gray, silver or black spokes.

Thanks
Lou G
Old 03-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Vladcanada
Racer

how much does LG Pro Long Tubes, and G7X-3 cam cost?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:52 AM
dgdoc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Lou - Do you normally drop the engine when you put a cam in?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:07 AM
A427MAN
Pro

Lou,
Can I get some clarification, please?

In that video - you say it's UNTUNED, and you just replaced the cam and springs, but NOT the valves - is that correct?

Yet, you got 540 rwhp -vs- 556 rwhp w/ valve replacement, Halltech filter, AND tune - only 16 hp more for tune and filter!??? ...How come only 16???

And, do you feel it's really neccessary to incure all the extra expense for head and valve R&R?

Last edited by Ogolden1; 03-28-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:23 AM
torchvette10
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You C6 Z owners are lucky. 540 RWHP with a just a cam
Old 03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
stanklr
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Badass looking vette man.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06, LG Cam only with LG Headers dyno results

Old 03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default 640 Hp

Lou, were you able to do a before and after dyno with the stock LS7 PowerCore filter vs. our LS900 PowerCore filter? Just curious.

The numbers are absolutely mindbending. 640 flywheel hp on the street, with 3 mods. That's gotta be a thrill ride!

Our Z06 is making 480 RWHP/448 RWT with just programming and our LS900 filter, and the explosive power is really too much for me.

Very, very nice numbers indeed.

We have found that the front NACA duct can be opened up considerably, increasing the cold air venting to the stock AIS by over 100%. We used a dremel tool (very carefully) and our TECH 2 testing shows that the IAT sensor reads ambient now all the time. Measuring the outside temp with a lazer thermometer, and reading the TECH 2, reports the same temperature now all the time.

This is a simple mod, but one false move with the dremel will ruin your day. It is also free. I post some pictures later today on another thread.

Last edited by Halltech; 03-28-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Lou, were you able to do a before and after dyno with the stock LS7 PowerCore filter vs. our LS900 PowerCore filter? Just curious.

The numbers are absolutely mindbending. 640 flywheel hp on the street, with 3 mods. That's gotta be a thrill ride!

Our Z06 is making 480 RWHP/448 RWT with just programming and our LS900 filter, and the explosive power is really too much for me.

Very, very nice numbers indeed.

We have found that the front NACA duct can be opened up considerably, increasing the cold air venting to the stock AIS by over 100%. We used a dremel tool (very carefully) and our TECH 2 testing shows that the IAT sensor reads ambient now all the time. Measuring the outside temp with a lazer thermometer, and reading the TECH 2, reports the same temperature now all the time.

This is a simple mod, but one false move with the dremel will ruin your day. It is also free. I post some pictures later today on another thread.
Jim, I wonder how would your filter perform with the air-charger... it seems that it may be a good marriage There is a member who purchased both products and is testing it soon... it should be interesting, I think it's going to rock.

FYI, my brother in Chicago tried that NACA mod you speak of on his red Z a while back, and as the vehicle traveled on the highway, you can see the bumper flex...buffering Just giving you a heads up
Old 03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Ogolden1
Lou,
Can I get some clarification, please?

In the video - you say it's UNTUNED, and you just replaced the cam and springs, but NOT the valves - is that correct?

Yet, you got 540 rwhp -vs- 556 rwhp w/ valve replacement, Halltech filter, AND tune - only 16 hp more!?

Do you feel it's really neccessary to incure all the extra expense for head and valve R&R for such little gain?
The video was of my own car before we had tuning, so it was still running at 850 rpms at idle. That did result in more lope.

We change the valves for reliability not hp. The extra hp is just an added benefit. I don't like the stock intake valve set up. I don't want to start a debate about the merrits of the stock valves. The Stock Z06 is second to none, but we have our reasons.

Also if you remember the 540rwhp was back when there was no good filter available, so we did our "power runs" with the filter removed. We also noted that in our posts about the results. Now that there is a good filter available, we did the real world dyno with the Halltech filter in place.

The filter in this test picked up about 7 hp.

Also in the "Non tuned" dyno runs, you can check back, we also pointed out that due to excessive timing retard from load and temp, the best runs came when the engine was cold. Now with the tune, the power is not affected as much by outside forces as much.

Any way you look at this, it is roughly a 100 hp increase in power and about 70 ft lb increase in torque. that is enough to put a smile on any face

We are currently building a more radical package which will still be a daily driver. Later this spring or early summer we plan on an even more radical package.

Thanks

Lou G

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z06, LG Cam only with LG Headers dyno results