Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Maybe Orlando bound, need a few tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Maybe Orlando bound, need a few tips

I have a possible job opportunity in Orlando. I'll be commuting there and will need a place to stay. In the airline business we call it a crash pad (a place to stay with usually a few other people to split the costs). I'll need a place near the airport. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks guys.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Gazpar
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Theres a TON of cheap apts and condos around that way. (The airport can be LOUD)

I live across town from there, and dont know the complex's by name, but the major residentals are a little off the airport main drag.

If you are looking at mapquest...
The main road going into the airport is SEMERON (aka 436), but thats mostly commercial. The off-roads around that area with the cheap residential are called, PERSHING, GATLIN, and GOLDENROD.

I know its not much help, but its a start.

PM me if you need any local help, and good luck with the move.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I saw a bunch of new residential towers going up when I drove through yesterday...
Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

The best place would be the Conway area. There are multiples of apartments on Conway Road, which is a 10-20 minute commute to the airport, depending on time of day, etc. Also has all the conviences close at hand. I worked for the airlines and transfered here in 76. Moved to the area due to the proximity to the airport, stayed because it is a great area. 15 minutes to downtown, 45 minutes to the coast, hour or so to Tampa area, 20-30 minutes to the theme parks. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Stangkiller
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by Strick
I have a possible job opportunity in Orlando. I'll be commuting there and will need a place to stay. In the airline business we call it a crash pad (a place to stay with usually a few other people to split the costs). I'll need a place near the airport. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks guys.
Tom, i sent you a pm, I may have what you're looking for.

Chris
Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't you just love this forum? Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how the interview goes. Hopefully, I'll be getting to know some of you Corvette guys in the area.

Get notified of new replies

To Maybe Orlando bound, need a few tips

Quick Reply: Maybe Orlando bound, need a few tips