C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Panel Replacement

Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
TonyC6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dash Panel Replacement

I've seen some scattered posts about this topic, and a couple of nice pics on a black dash and console panel replacement. Very nice picture detail on the removal of the console. But does anyone have similar experience with removing and replacing the dash bezel. To do the color matching for the console and the two switch covers on either side of the dash, that whole bezel must be removed, and I just want to do it without screwing it up. Any help?

Thanks,
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Default Dash Panel Project

Well, I took this project on myself, rather than paying over $600 for a color matched dash and console. It was a 3 day project, mostly waiting on paint to dry. By the way, excuse the quality of the pics. The battery was dead on my good camera, so the one I used had too bright a flash and it washes the color of the paint out. The paint however, is a perfect match with the millenium yellow color of the car. I have a special new yellow console cushion coming which will tied all the yellow dash together. I posted some pictures for any of those who are interested. The link is.....

http://photobucket.com/albums/c122/t...d/DashProject/
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyC6
Well, I took this project on myself, rather than paying over $600 for a color matched dash and console. It was a 3 day project, mostly waiting on paint to dry. By the way, excuse the quality of the pics. The battery was dead on my good camera, so the one I used had too bright a flash and it washes the color of the paint out. The paint however, is a perfect match with the millenium yellow color of the car. I have a special new yellow console cushion coming which will tied all the yellow dash together. I posted some pictures for any of those who are interested. The link is.....

http://photobucket.com/albums/c122/t...d/DashProject/
Great photo's and job well done.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Great photo's and job well done.
Thanks. I'll get some better photos once the console cushion gets here and I finish the project. I built a little rear deck kind of shelf too, to hold those little items that keep sliding all the way back to the back. And I did a cell phone mount that uses one of the cup holders. I'll try to get the pics all posted next week.

By the way, special thanks to DaVeeb for posting some very nice instructions on getting the original console out with minimum pain. Made the job go a lot easier.

Last edited by TonyC6; 12-15-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:53 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Default Better Pics

Well, I got some better pictures of the dash/console project so you can see the colors match up nicely. I have also included some pics of some of the other projects I worked on this month. The vent screens, the rear exhaust plate, the behind the seat package tray, and the painted hood liner. I've put in the link here if any of you are interested in seeing the pics.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c122/t...ber05Projects/
C6 Pics

Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped with finding pieces, and sharing information, especially PipeDreams for the hoodliner painting project.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

nice job, thanks for the post
Old 12-18-2005, 08:04 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
nice job, thanks for the post
Thank you for the tips. I probably wouldn't have tackled the hoodliner project without your detailed description and "parts list".

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Panel Replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Panel Replacement