C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Shutoff Switch

Old 12-01-2005, 11:57 PM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Shutoff Switch

Anyone know of, or put in, a fuel shutoff switch? I was thinking about putting one in, in addition to and independent of the theft deterent system. I'd imagine it'd be quite simple if you knew which wire gave power to the fuel pump. Put a switch in, so whenever you leave the car, flip the switch, and power to the pump is interuppted if someone tries to start the car without turning it back on. What do ya guys think? Anyone know which wire to go after?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:22 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

ttt
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Just make one of these wires in the PCM boxes switched

Box #1

19 PNK 239 PCM Ignition Supply

Box #2

9 DK GRN/WHT 465 Fuel Pump Relay Control

Here are the PCM PIN #s

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/torques/2000vettepcm.htm
Old 12-04-2005, 09:13 AM
BiggieBoy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

If they want your car, they'll simply flat bed it away.....
Old 12-04-2005, 08:23 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by BiggieBoy
If they want your car, they'll simply flat bed it away.....
tru, but hopefully it will take em just long enough for some one to notice
Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 AM
allmee
Racer

Default Kill switch

I think it is a better and safer idea to use a kill switch hooked up into the clutch starting switch wiring. They won't even be able to crank the motor!! I've done them in many of my cars and they are great.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:35 AM
diviniti
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Like said above, it would be better to put a switch inline for the ignition.

If for some reason someone tried to start your car, and you have a fuel cutoff switch, it may be possible that the injectors would get damaged or fail completely without fuel running through them.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:55 AM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Originally Posted by allmee
I think it is a better and safer idea to use a kill switch hooked up into the clutch starting switch wiring. They won't even be able to crank the motor!! I've done them in many of my cars and they are great.

How do you go about putting a "kill switch" in the clutch? Not too familar with that wiring...suggestions on where to hide the switch?

BiggieBoy: Yes, it's true, if they want it they'll get it one way or another (a pro that is)...if they bring a flat bed for it...that's what insurance is for. If they're just some punk teen; then maybe something small as this may work, or just frustrate them enough to move on.

Screw991le: Thanks for the pin #'s. This sounds duable. Where'd you hide the sw?

I've also been told to put a reset relay in parallel with the battery, so if someone were to disconnect and reconnect the batt, then the relay would open the circuit, and the car would be dead. The relay, of course, would be very well hidden somewhere as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:59 AM
diviniti
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

The clutch switch is behind the clutch pedal. Just get a toggle switch or push button switch that is a cutoff switch, only has 2 prongs. cut the wire behind the clutch switch run a wire from the wire section that you just cut, from the closest to the clutch switch, to one part of the cutoff switch, then run another wire from the other clutch wire to the other terminal of the cutoff switch. I would suggest hiding it some where other than under the dash, in the glove box, in teh center console, under the drivers seat.. theifs are smart to kill switches of any type and usually take the time to search for them quickly.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:22 PM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Originally Posted by diviniti
. cut the wire behind the clutch switch

Which wire do I cut??? There are 2 wires: ones purple, the other's white. I'm assuming the clutch switch is just a 2 way momentary switch; in which case it wouldn't matter which wire I cut. See picture below....ignore the red wire (that's the "go" wire for my NX kit) In the pic, I disconnected the plug for the clutch switch and am pointing to the 2 wires...just not sure which one to cut.

[IMG]C:\pict\Camera\picture082[/IMG]

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Shutoff Switch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Shutoff Switch