Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

GLARE POLISH....where to buy?

Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Prosecutor
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GLARE POLISH....where to buy?

Anyone know where I can find this stuff in Charlotte, NC...do any retailers generally keep this in stock. I know all of you can't aswer for Charlotte...so what stores do you find it at. I f**king hate ordering stuff online. I prefer instant gratification. I want to give this stuff a try. Thanks.

Last edited by Prosecutor; 11-11-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Prosecutor
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prosecutor
Anyone know where I can find this stuff in Charlotte, NC...do any retailers generally keep this in stock. I know all of you can't aswer for Charlotte...so what stores do you find it at. I f**king hate ordering stuff online. I prefer instant gratification. I want to give this stuff a try. Thanks.
EDIT: I don't know where to get it, but that's a great question. You must be a very smart guy. Oh wait....that was my post

Bump Bump Bump ttt
Old 11-16-2005, 02:15 AM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prosecutor
EDIT: I don't know where to get it, but that's a great question. You must be a very smart guy. Oh wait....that was my post

Bump Bump Bump ttt

Prosecutor.... this is Zaino central. What the hell are you asking???
Old 11-16-2005, 06:51 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBoz
Prosecutor.... this is Zaino central. What the hell are you asking???

As is most other car forums!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM
GSjimbo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were some posts in an earlier thread to the effect that Glare Polishes were being sold by Honda car dealers.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autopolish.net/

while I can introduce you to several sealants that are IMO much better products, your wish is our command. Never seen it available locally however

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 11-16-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:17 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
http://www.autopolish.net/

while I can introduce you to several sealants that are IMO much better products, your wish is our command. Never seen it available locally however

I use Glare and I also order it online at www.autopolish.net...

I dont know if Killerwheels has actually used the product but from what I know anyone that has used it will not use anything else.

I have ordered this stuff online many times... I'm in Canada and we get it in about 4 days...
Old 11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Here is another link for Glare at $15.00 cheaper.....
https://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.a...D&ProdID=29301
Old 11-17-2005, 11:51 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

For some reason the Honda dealership parts departments are not stocking it. Parker Yamaha has the very best price and prompt delivery I might add.

Personally, I LOVE Glare Professional Polish! It's easy on and easy off and wears like iron. Suppose to last five years but who can go that long between waxings? The shine can be best described as another coat of clear coat. I think a lot of polymer waxes bring out the color and hide the clear coat. With Glare it is just the opposite. It does not change the color of your car but adds a reflective clear coat.

I used it on the leading edges of our club Cessna 172. At cruise, 2450 RPM, speed increased from 105 MPH to 118 MPH indicated. I only waxed the leading edges. We were smoking!

I can't say enough good things about it.

VETFVER

PS: Black, White, and Silver cars look best with another coat of clear!

Last edited by VETFVER; 11-18-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For those that have used the product on a regular basis, do you have to polish your car with anything before use & if you do, what do you use. The advertisements say that the prodcut will last 5 years----in real life, about how much life do you get from each application? And more more question, is it REALLY ez on/ez off? tia
Old 11-18-2005, 03:07 PM
FIDOauto
Pro

Originally Posted by Cruncher
For those that have used the product on a regular basis, do you have to polish your car with anything before use & if you do, what do you use. The advertisements say that the prodcut will last 5 years----in real life, about how much life do you get from each application? And more more question, is it REALLY ez on/ez off? tia

Crncher I have been using the product for almost 4 years I'll tell you what I do... btw... I'm an auto dealer...

New Cars: Clay bar (if the car was on train).... then apply glare... Done!

Used Cars: Clay Bar, Spider Glare, Glare.....

note: the spider glare is a little more abrasive and literally fills in scratches then the Glare will seal it.....

I keep telling myself that I want to use Zaino, NXT, Rejex but I can never bring myself to switching.... Glare has just spoiled me too much....
Old 11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

One other Glaring difference, pardon the pun, is that Glare dries hard on the surface making fingerprints almost impossible to see. Since petroleum is a part of most Polymer waxes and is slow to dry, it makes leaving fingerprints easy to see. I don’t know about you but I am not a fan of fingerprints on my cars.

One of the guys said here "people who have used Glare Professional Polish don't want to use anything else." I would say that is a true statement. If there is better out there, I have not found it.

VETFVER
Old 11-25-2005, 11:27 PM
chevyvette1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 347 Likes on 163 Posts

just wondering if it lasts so long and bonds so good, how do you get it off if you dont like it or want to try something else, thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 01:29 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a very good detailer on another forum

1996 GMC Sonoma. Last detailed in March. It was a horrible mess back then. Only 26,500 miles but it had been sitting under live oaks for about 2 years. It was inherited by the current owner, he knows it was never waxed and probably never washed. Hideous bird dookie etchings in the hood and roof that probably won't even respond well to wetsanding. I had compounded it, polished it and topped with Glare. Truck sits outside 24/7, probably been washed 2-3 times since the March detail. Glare was holding up well on the sides, some beading, some pooling on the hood, dead on the roof. Glare is supposed to last up to 5 years but at 8 months, was mostly dead on the horizontal surfaces. Oh well. Still looked way better than the first time I saw it.
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....ighlight=Glare
Old 11-26-2005, 11:35 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chevyvette1
just wondering if it lasts so long and bonds so good, how do you get it off if you dont like it or want to try something else, thanks
Griot's Garage http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp sells Paint Prep, which removes Polymer-Silicone and old wax from paint. You get a nice spray bottle too for $16. Like all mail orders, they are on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and it only costs a nickel more to go first class. You can spray it directly onto a cloth to remove wax from your trim too.

Once you use Glare, it’s hard to want to use anything else. I put a second coat on the Corvette Thanksgiving day. Without a doubt it’s the most reflective finish I have ever seen on that car. It is picture perfect! Right now I have the recommended second coat drying on the SLK.

By the way, it is in the drying process that the wax adheres to the surface of the car. If you don’t allow for an adequate amount of drying time, you will be removing the wax before it has transferred to the car. Fifteen minutes is usually enough on a dry day. Today, it is overcast so I am allowing 45 minutes.

VETFVER

Get notified of new replies

To GLARE POLISH....where to buy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GLARE POLISH....where to buy?