C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chassis lube points

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:54 PM
PaPaChoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chassis lube points

Does any one have a lube chart showing where the chassis is supposed to be greased? Or is it any on a C5?
Thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

None on OEM car ... only if you have put on aftermarket suspension parts with grease zerks
Old 11-16-2005, 11:26 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rws.1
None on OEM car ... only if you have put on aftermarket suspension parts with grease zerks

Pretty easy, eh?

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 11-17-2005, 07:37 AM
PaPaChoc
Racer

Well thanks Guys. Just wanted to be sure. I'm from the old school where you had to grease them about ever 1000 miles or so or the wheels would fall off.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:45 AM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by PaPaChoc
Well thanks Guys. Just wanted to be sure. I'm from the old school where you had to grease them about ever 1000 miles or so or the wheels would fall off.
Wheel bearings on the car are sealed units that will last the life of the car for most guys. However, if you track your car regularly, they develop play and will likely need to be periodically replaced. I change out my wheel bearings, which come as a composite unit complete with the ABS sensor, about annually. Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Ttop34
Racer

Originally Posted by Subdriver
Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel.
Are you buying them from GM? Why not use the ones from Autozone? Those come with a warranty so if they go out, just take them back and get replacements!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 PM
PaPaChoc
Racer

Originally Posted by Subdriver
Wheel bearings on the car are sealed units that will last the life of the car for most guys. However, if you track your car regularly, they develop play and will likely need to be periodically replaced. I change out my wheel bearings, which come as a composite unit complete with the ABS sensor, about annually. Their not cheap either, about $400 a wheel.
I guess they are just making all cars where you can't work on them! My son had the front wheel bearings replaced on his Grand Prix and the mech. said they were $250 per wheel, $600 parts and labor! I thought he was ripping us off till he said it comes in a complete unit with all that ABS Stuff on it!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM
C66 Racing

Originally Posted by Ttop34
Are you buying them from GM? Why not use the ones from Autozone? Those come with a warranty so if they go out, just take them back and get replacements!
I had been. Since I last bought a set, I've learned about the autozone ones. I may check them out this winter as I'll likely replace all four before next spring.

Get notified of new replies

To chassis lube points

Quick Reply: chassis lube points