Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raftracer

Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM
7Bob3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raftracer

I noticed in the One Lap artical you guys listed Addco as a sponsor. Are their bars any better for autocross? ASP Z06, stock springs, Koni singles, poly bushings, 315/18 710's on all corners. If so what size. I spent 6 months trying to make T1's work after Thomason told me I'd never do it. He was right! Thanks for the help
Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

I know the east coast guys (Strano, Salerno etc.) swear by the Addco 32mm bar. They also have a 35mm available.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Blackmon
I noticed in the One Lap artical you guys listed Addco as a sponsor. Are their bars any better for autocross? ASP Z06, stock springs, Koni singles, poly bushings, 315/18 710's on all corners. If so what size. I spent 6 months trying to make T1's work after Thomason told me I'd never do it. He was right! Thanks for the help

Bob,
Sorry I didn't get to meet you in Topeka, I believe you were there weren't you???? Things were a little crazy out there as you know.
Yes we used Addco bars on the One Lap ride, additionally I use them on my vehicle . Both vehicles share the same sway bar set-up. The front is a 35mm and the rear is a 25mm. This is more than the supposed SS set-up both front and rear (Strano's gang likes the 32mm front and obviously SS mandates a stock rear ). Sway bar choice can be dictated by many things, driver preference, alignment settings, shock type/valving, tire size etc,etc.
Since I have returned and have been testing primarily on asphalt I believe sway bar choices are going to change , but thats based on in-town asphalt, not the supposed "high-grip" stuff that they are pouring in Topeka. ( 1000 x 1000 is too small for 2 national courses BTW ) We have test-n-tune scheduled at our asphalt lot, I will learn more until it gets too cold.
Thomason is very right about the T1 bars, defineatley will never work on a Solo2 car. I used to run only the rear with a stock 30mm in front and that was not too bad especially on tight courses. I dont even like T1 bars on my car on a roadcourse. I prefer to use "alot" of spring rate vs alot of roll coupling-----seems to make my ABS happier.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

What size are the T1 bars?

Last edited by 69autoXr; 10-19-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

69autoXr:

My notes have the T1 bars as 38.4 mm front and 27.5 mm rear, with a 1/4" wall thickness. Anyone have anything different?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
7Bob3
Burning Brakes

Danny, thanks again for the help. I'm going to try them. I bailed on Topeka this year at the last minute. With the events in the south it just became to expensive a drive for a Solo2! There's next year. I was so stubburn with the T1's, I was sure I could make them work. I loved them high speed on the track. I loved them anytime the wheel was turned less than 90 degrees and I learned alot. I learned how to change alignment in grid, learned how to ruin $460 dollars worth of front tires in a day. I just learned to do alot of neat stuff to ruin a perfectly good race car chasing those blue bars. But... I've got some neat pictures of a Z06 autocrossing with air under the inside tires!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 32mm addco front bar - used once - in the closet if you need one for a good price

If weight is an issue, also consider hotchkiss, as they are lighter (tubular). They are 32mm tubular fronts.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:24 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how much does the Addco 32mm bar weigh versus the Hotchkis 32mm bar? Is the roll stiffness equivalent on both bars? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 PM
tigerdrvr
Pro

Originally Posted by BPC5R
I have a 32mm addco front bar - used once - in the closet if you need one for a good price

If weight is an issue, also consider hotchkiss, as they are lighter (tubular). They are 32mm tubular fronts.

I think the current Addco 32mm is tubular, not solid. Also, the application is with the stock Z06 rear bar. I haven't tried it, just reporting what I've heard from those that have!

Get notified of new replies

To Raftracer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raftracer