Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

My take on Glare Professional Polish

Old 08-06-2005, 12:38 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My take on Glare Professional Polish

Besides flying airplanes, one of my favorite hobbies is testing car wax. Waxes I have tried include Meguiar’s Gold Class, Meguiar’s NXT Generation Polymer wax, Klasse All in One, DP Detailers Pride Premium Surface Shield, Zaino, Liquid Glass, Griot’s 1-year Sealant, Mothers Reflections, Nu Finish one-year car polish, and Glare Professional Polish in the last two-years. I have been to the Meguiar’s Car Care School twice. Once in Oceanside, CA and the second time at their World Headquarters in Irvine, CA. I bought the Meguiar’s Orbital Buffer and their #83 polish and countless other products from the good folks at Meguiar’s. All their products are A #1 in my book. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like the ultimate Car Guy Barry Meguiar and his TV show Car Crazy.

Now, having said all that, I have waxed all three of my cars with Glare Professional Polish plus a Toyota Corolla from a visiting relative. Yes, if you come to visit us, you will get your car detailed. Of all the waxes I have tried I would rate Glare’s Professional Polish #1. It goes on easy and comes off even easier. Instructions said to use it on your glass and I did. I thought it made the windows easier to see through. Rub your hands on the glass and they just glide across the surface. Glare was also the slickest to the touch of all the waxes I have ever tried. The aviation community and Boeing like the product because it reduces parasite drag. Glare doesn’t have any but most all Polymer waxes are laced with a petroleum product that produces the wet look we all like. It doesn’t take long for those petroleum products to evaporate from the car so manufacturers have come up with a host of products to restore that wet look. Wrapped in a sheet of glass is the best way to describe the look produced by Glare, which enhances the look of Black, Silver, and White cars. Those three colors in particular need another clear coat in order to pop.

In summary, I loved the product. I like the way it looks. Depending on washings and the like, they say it can last up to 5-years. I can’t go that long between waxes so I will do mine once or twice a year. It has rendered all the other waxes on my car care shelf obsolete. You can learn more about it at their website: http://www.autopolish.net/. Forget all the claims about the product and just try it. Apparently Honda is re-labeling it for their dealerships. You can buy it for less here: http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=29301.

The product has taken a lot of flack here on the forum for making what appear to be outlandish claims. I’m beginning to think that a lot of their claims are true.

VETFVER

Last edited by VETFVER; 08-06-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Wildcat99
Drifting

Nice review VETFVER! I'm willing to try other products, this is on my list.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:02 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey - thanks for the post . I'll keep it in mind also.
like you, I've had FANTASTIC results from Meguiar's products over many years, but I stil like to keep an open mind and try new stuff. A recommendation from a good open minded guy like yourself means alot.

A good realistic attitude is that Meguiar's is awesome, Zaino rocks, Wolfgang blows me away, and the list is still growing. No need to bash one product in order to enjoy the next.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:07 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bugman
A good realistic attitude is that Meguiar's is awesome, Zaino rocks, Wolfgang blows me away, and the list is still growing. No need to bash one product in order to enjoy the next.

If you don't keep an open mind, you will never discover new things.

VETFVER
Old 08-07-2005, 12:19 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I leave my car in your driveway will I come back with it all detailed?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:52 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Good point.
note to self : drop car off at Escondito tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:35 AM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Glare polish and their products just seams so expensive. I just don't understand why cost so much more. Am I missing something?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:17 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vintage driver
Glare polish and their products just seams so expensive. I just don't understand why cost so much more. Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing somthing. It's only $19.99 from here:

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=29301

It does the best job on glass that I have ever seen.

VETFVER
Old 08-13-2005, 01:10 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

To tell you how happy I am with Glare Professional Polish, I just ordered another bottle. If you have tried it, please let the rest of us know?

VETFVER
Old 08-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....autopolish.net
Old 08-13-2005, 05:25 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

OUCH! I don't think those guys are buying the hype....
Old 08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

It's easy to knock until you have tried it.

VETFVER
Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 AM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I searched autopia too. I found some threads knocking the stuff and others praising it. Why search another site and only post the bad results here??? pretty lame if you ask me.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

I would like to to know if a product is good or not good. Based on the postings here and on other sites, I tried All in One. To me, that's the best stuff since sliced bread. I never tried it before because I thought it would be a real pain to use...I guess I was wrong and I learned that from the posts. So far, how many Corvette owners have used Glare? One (not counting the original poster)? And we are all supposed to go out and buy this stuff based on one person's opinion? No thanks...that would be for chumps, considering the discussion of the product on Autopia. What's so "lame" about that. I don't know how to do a search just to find negative responses, do you? What are you, a one-way person or what....don't you like to hear the rest of the story? You're going to jump on someone else's sheet just because they point out that others do no not like a product? I wonder why there are hundreds of different prodcuts on the market.....maybe a large corporation can buy Glare and capture the entire wax/sealant market, ya think?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Here's another miracle "5-year" product.

http://commodorecoatings.com/PAINT.htm

Is this good or bad?
Old 08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cruncher
I would like to to know if a product is good or not good. Based on the postings here and on other sites, I tried All in One. To me, that's the best stuff since sliced bread. I never tried it before because I thought it would be a real pain to use...I guess I was wrong and I learned that from the posts. So far, how many Corvette owners have used Glare? One (not counting the original poster)? And we are all supposed to go out and buy this stuff based on one person's opinion? No thanks...that would be for chumps, considering the discussion of the product on Autopia. What's so "lame" about that. I don't know how to do a search just to find negative responses, do you? What are you, a one-way person or what....don't you like to hear the rest of the story? You're going to jump on someone else's sheet just because they point out that others do no not like a product? I wonder why there are hundreds of different prodcuts on the market.....maybe a large corporation can buy Glare and capture the entire wax/sealant market, ya think?
Who says so besides you? Great question! Here are some actual quotes I found from other websites:

"I would describe the Glare look as more carnauba than sealant. It is fairly warm and not sterile at all. The reflections are not super sharp, but are less distorted to me than others had mentioned. Applying the OCW over it didn't really seem to change the underlying look at all."

"Overall I am pleased so far. Will have to wait to see the durability for myself."

You have to try some for yourself in order to really know if you like it or not. Like you, I only care about products I have tried personally. I would never rely soly on what others have to say. If you choose not to try Glare then you will never know whether you like it or not.

The problem is that a lot of people are putting forth an opion without the benefit of having tried it.

VETFVER

Get notified of new replies

To My take on Glare Professional Polish

Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 PM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I never said that Glare is an awesome product cause I never used it. But I also never went onto other websites and posted the threads praising it or bashing it. I would rather hear from people's first hand experiences then go searching on the internet and ONLY posting the bad results to sway people's opinions. VETFVER posted his results of the product and isn't trying to sell the product to anyone. If you want to post threads on other sites that are knocking the product, you should also post the threads that are praising it.

As you can tell, I still haven't posted any links to threads that are praising the product. I don't want to sway anybody's opinion like you are obviously trying to do by posting only the negative comments.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:58 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VIPERxGTx2000
I never said that Glare is an awesome product cause I never used it. But I also never went onto other websites and posted the threads praising it or bashing it. I would rather hear from people's first hand experiences then go searching on the internet and ONLY posting the bad results to sway people's opinions. VETFVER posted his results of the product and isn't trying to sell the product to anyone. If you want to post threads on other sites that are knocking the product, you should also post the threads that are praising it.

As you can tell, I still haven't posted any links to threads that are praising the product. I don't want to sway anybody's opinion like you are obviously trying to do by posting only the negative comments.

You said it far better than I did or ever could!

My wife as we speak is putting Glare on the windows around the house making the glass invisible. I sure wished it would keep our windows clean for five years. For now, they are crystal clear.

VETFVER
Old 08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Cruncher
Here's another miracle "5-year" product.

http://commodorecoatings.com/PAINT.htm

Is this good or bad?
LMAO..... BAD

Teflon requires a temperature of over 600 degrees to bond to any surface.

In addition, carnauba and silicone do not last long on the surface of your car.

If this wasn't a real company I would swear it was a joke website.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My take on Glare Professional Polish