Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

When using Zaino is it necessary to use the Z-6 spray?

Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default When using Zaino is it necessary to use the Z-6 spray?

What is the purpose of this Z-6 spray?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:42 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

Reduces static, boosts and intensifes Zaino Polishes (Z-2, Z-3 and Z-5), contains UV40 protection, increases wet look. Like any spray detail, you do not "need" to use it, but like most manufacturers will tell you, if you use it (spray detail) as part of a "wax" system your results will be better than if you did not use it. Probably 1/3rd of my customers do not use Z-6, but most of them are taking their cars to a automatic car wash because they have no other place to wash or detail their cars on a regular basis.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Kevin V
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also makes the surface very slick and helps remove water spots (newer ones).
Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by LS WON
What is the purpose of this Z-6 spray?
Everything you want to know can be found on their web site....take some time, read it and educate yourself. Many tips and tricks you find there can be useful no matter who's product your useing....

From their website....
Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray is the ultimate maintainence product. It will remove light dust and soil between washes and will make your paint slicker, wetter-looking, deeper and reinforce the polish system and UV protection. Because of its unique optical enhancers, Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray will create a three dimensional, ultra-high, light refracting paint finish. Its super anti-static properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. The more you use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray the slicker and more dust-free your paint will be.

NOTE: Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is really a great product. It really helps give a three dimensional look. Its antistatic formula will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Use Z-6 very sparingly, less than one ounce will do your whole car. Lightly mist only the center of a 1 foot section on the car. A dime size amount of Z-6 is plenty... Immediately buff with a 100% cotton towel until dry. You will feel the surface get slicker and slicker. Turn towel frequently. Repeat on next section until entire car is finished. Do not let Z6 dry on car. If Z-6 drys by itself just reapply Z-6 to affected area and rebuff until completely dry. Then get the sunglasses out. Less than one ounce will do an average size vehicle. Works great on rims, chrome, trim and plastic.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:59 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default Thanks for the info plus it smells good.

Originally Posted by Crusher
Everything you want to know can be found on their web site....take some time, read it and educate yourself. Many tips and tricks you find there can be useful no matter who's product your useing....

From their website....
Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray is the ultimate maintainence product. It will remove light dust and soil between washes and will make your paint slicker, wetter-looking, deeper and reinforce the polish system and UV protection. Because of its unique optical enhancers, Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray will create a three dimensional, ultra-high, light refracting paint finish. Its super anti-static properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. The more you use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray the slicker and more dust-free your paint will be.

NOTE: Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is really a great product. It really helps give a three dimensional look. Its antistatic formula will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Use Z-6 very sparingly, less than one ounce will do your whole car. Lightly mist only the center of a 1 foot section on the car. A dime size amount of Z-6 is plenty... Immediately buff with a 100% cotton towel until dry. You will feel the surface get slicker and slicker. Turn towel frequently. Repeat on next section until entire car is finished. Do not let Z6 dry on car. If Z-6 drys by itself just reapply Z-6 to affected area and rebuff until completely dry. Then get the sunglasses out. Less than one ounce will do an average size vehicle. Works great on rims, chrome, trim and plastic.
I was just thinking about eliminating this step as I have been using the Z-6 between applying 2 coats at a time of Z-5 or Z-2. I don't wait a day I just do either one back to back till I run out of polish in the two ounce Zaino bottle. I then spray the Z-6 in between the 2 coatings. So one day I may do 2 coats back to back on the Z-2 or is it Z-3? and then another day do 2 coats of Z-5 back to back with the Z-6 spray in between applications.
I was just wondering if the Z-6 really makes a difference. :cheers
Old 02-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Texas Corvette
Racer

Default Z-6

The Z-6 does just as it is explained on the Zaino website and as others have indicated in this forum. I have found it does reduce dust and static cling and is an excelllent way to clean and use when the vette is just a little dusty. Spray on a very light coat of diluted Z-6 (cut with distilled water 50-50) and wipe off with a 100% cotton terry cloth towel and you are good to go. Also use between applications of Z-2 and/or Z-5 in the same manner.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:30 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default Sounds good to me looks like I may have to get another bottle.

Originally Posted by Texas Corvette
The Z-6 does just as it is explained on the Zaino website and as others have indicated in this forum. I have found it does reduce dust and static cling and is an excelllent way to clean and use when the vette is just a little dusty. Spray on a very light coat of diluted Z-6 (cut with distilled water 50-50) and wipe off with a 100% cotton terry cloth towel and you are good to go. Also use between applications of Z-2 and/or Z-5 in the same manner.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not necessary to use between coats, but sometimes makes applying and removing coats easier.

Z6 is a quick detailer meant to refresh the finish after washing, etc. That is where you should focus its use.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Z-6 is by far our top selling product, I use Z-6 after every drive to remove bugs from the front, the mirrors, and the windshield. I also detail off the brake dust using Z-6 from the wheels inside and out. I also use Z-6 to clean window tint. Z-6 also will remove fresh water spots, its a great product, my car never rolls out without a DF towel and a bottle of Z-6 in the hatch...
Old 02-15-2005, 05:05 PM
CLpower
Burning Brakes

IMO, no
Old 02-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Blue Lion
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 186 Likes on 113 Posts

I use it now and then, between waxings that I might do twice a year (I only drive the car for fun, not a daily driver). As mentioned earlier, cut it 50/50 with distilled water and it will last longer for you.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:21 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Originally Posted by Blue Lion
cut it 50/50 with distilled water and it will last longer for you.
Z6 is great stuff. I've also used Meguiars #34 Final Inspection with good luck on Zaino.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:50 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default Didn't know that thanks for the info..

Originally Posted by ZaneO
It's not necessary to use between coats, but sometimes makes applying and removing coats easier.

Z6 is a quick detailer meant to refresh the finish after washing, etc. That is where you should focus its use.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
CLpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DsC5
Z6 is great stuff. I've also used Meguiars #34 Final Inspection with good luck on Zaino.
have another gallon of FI comming in the mail, I love that stuff
Old 02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

What I end up doing so I use most of the product up between the Z-2 and the Z-5 I will end up doing 2 coats of Z-5 one day back to back with the Z-6 spray in between the coats with the ZFX and on another day finish it off with 2 coats of Z-2 with spraying between the coats.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by CLpower
IMO, no
Oooooo, another one of your useful threads.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:22 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by CLpower
have another gallon of FI comming in the mail, I love that stuff
A freakin gallon??? What, do you bath in FI? I have been using Z6 for years on all 4 of my vehicles and even nieghbors/customers cars and use it all the time and don't think I have gone through 1 gallon yet. FI must not go very far.

[EDIT]
I was wondering where you were coming from with you jumping on me for expressing my opinion on Zaino and pushing Meguiars products.
[EDIT]
Just got back from Meguiarsonline and I see you are HotRodGuy over there. This explains ALOT. Enjoy your NXT and FI. To bad you cannot censor any bad press about NXT on here. Get back to me when NXT can make it through a rain storm.

Last edited by agentf1; 02-17-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To When using Zaino is it necessary to use the Z-6 spray?

Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Originally Posted by agentf1
A freakin gallon??? What, do you bath in FI? I have been using Z6 for years on all 4 of my vehicles and even nieghbors/customers cars and use it all the time and don't think I have gone through 1 gallon yet. FI must not go very far.

[EDIT]
I was wondering where you were coming from with you jumping on me for expressing my opinion on Zaino and pushing Meguiars products.
[EDIT]
Just got back from Meguiarsonline and I see you are HotRodGuy over there. This explains ALOT. Enjoy your NXT and FI. To bad you cannot censor any bad press about NXT on here. Get back to me when NXT can make it through a rain storm.
Grow up and move on. You are really starting to get mundane on this forum.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Grow up and move on. You are really starting to get mundane on this forum.
Zaneo, if you look at the "Is Meguiars NXT a wax or sealant?" you would see that CLPower started this flame war with me. My mundane post are merely me having a little fun at CLPowers expense. If you saw some of the other post it seems anytime there is a Zaino thread or when something positive was said about a new product CLPower is there slamming Zaino and spewing trash about FI or NXT. Let me give you a little background about why I am so anti NXT.

I had received a sample of NXT from Mike P (thanks Mike) when it first came out. With all the hype from Meguiars etc etc etc I figured this stuff had to be great and vowed to give it an honest review even if it meant trashing Zaino which I had been using for a few years now. I tried it and found it barely lasted 2 weeks during the spring pollen season. It would wear off and I would keep reapplying it. I tried it after an alchohol prep, after #7, by hand, numerous coats at once, numerous times. IT SUCKED. I reported my findings on meguiarsonline, asked if I was doing something wrong and they responded with deleting my post and banning me. Time went on and I even trid it a few more times during different seasons with the same results. I have never used a product that sucked this bad. Similiarly, I never used a product that worked as well as Zaino. I checked back on meguiarsonline from time to time to see if they improved the formula. One day I noticed that there was a thread titled something like "Where you a Zaino user and switched to NXT" or something like that. I could not resist and merely posted that "I was a zaino user tried NXT and went back to Zaino" or something like that. The thread turned to durability issues and I noticed that everybody that posted about NXT durability or lack of was edited/deleted. At that point I realized meguiarsonline was nothing but an advertisement and any negative press or opinions was deleted and it pisses me off that they represent it as a public forum when it is not. At this point I decided to be diligent about voicing my opinion on a lousy product. Please feel free to add me to your ignore list if this bothers you. Sorry.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Everyone in the world knows that you hate NXT and love Zaino. You are a broken record about it, and usually that's the only information you share. There are plenty of ways to express yourself without acting childish about it. You are the definition of a Zaino Zealot.

"Please feel free to add me to your ignore list if this bothers you."

Your wish is my command!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When using Zaino is it necessary to use the Z-6 spray?