Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

ibiz car wax

Old 01-30-2005, 04:25 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ibiz car wax

I was at the Nashville International auto show yesterday and watched a demo for Ibiz car wax and products. After this amazing demo I bought some. According to their bottles and flyers, Ibiz is the official wax of the corvette club of America, the C5 registry and the ZR-1 registry. Has anyone ever tried this Ibiz wax and if so what did they think about it. The demo is amazing and a lot of people were buying. Let me know if anyone is experienced with it. Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 05:20 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Please don't tell me he did the fire test or the spray paint test, that is the oldest dog and pony show flim flam trick in the book........
Old 01-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Never heard of it. Let us know what happens.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:29 PM
mhaber
Racer

I've read lots of posts over the years regarding Ibiz and it appears to be just another carnauba based wax. Despite their sponsorships it doesn't appear to be anything special, no better or worse then lots of other options.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by KLO
Please don't tell me he did the fire test or the spray paint test, that is the oldest dog and pony show flim flam trick in the book........

Seen them do that before
Old 01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

I am curious as to how the spray paint test is a trick. I am one of the ones that participated in it. The guy took a paint spray can and sprayed it on the hood and then let it dry. He then asked a guy in the crowd to pick a number between 1 and 10. The guy said 4 so he counted down into a row of wax bottles that he had there and got the fourth one to use to take off the paint. After he poured out wax onto the hood in different spots he took another bottle of wax and filled that bottle of wax back up and then put that wax into the customer kits that he was selling(I got that kit). He then had myself and another guy try to scrub off the paint with a wet towel(which we couldn't do), then he had six of us stick our finger in the wax, stick it to the paint for about 20 seconds and then he rubbed out the fingerprints with a wet cloth.(he got the water out of the same bucket that the cloths we tried to scrub it off with we from), so I am curious as to how it is a trick. I am seriously going to look for an old junker and spray some paint on it and see if it will take the paint off. If it doesn't I will just chalk it up to being suckered into buying it. I have read quite a few good reviews on the wax elsewhere on the web. I have tried it on my truck and it seems to work really good. I don't think that I got a bad deal for a 32 oz bottle of wax, 32 oz bottle of waterless spray and wash, a 8 oz bottle of car wash, a 8 oz bottle of car sheen(leather and vinyl protectant and a foam applicator bad for $35 dollars. If I ordered it separately it would cost me about $100 bucks plus S&H.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

The only thing missing in the dog and pony show is the acid and laser beam trick. Besides, any product that will remove spray paint is not something that I would want to use on my car. Common sense is that it is highly abrasive and abrades your paint everytime you use it. I guess it would be a good product for old neglected oxidized paint but not for show cars or good paint.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Removing the paint just demonstrates that the wax is high in powerful solvents (lighter fluid would have done the same thing) As Crusher said, using such a powerful product on a very good paint or a next to new car may not the be the best thing over time.

Also, you have to realize this test is set up by him, he knows what kind of paint will come off and what kind won't, and the test area that gets sprayed with paint probably has been waxed umpteen times so the enamel based paint he uses will come off easily with solvents.

Actually, if you think about it, his test actually should back fire on the product he is selling. I would rather wax or polish my car with a product NOT strong enough to remove enamel paint...........
Old 01-31-2005, 06:30 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

I guess that I just got suckered. I will use it on my patrol car and my sport trac which are both white. I will just get something else for the vette.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
I guess that I just got suckered. I will use it on my patrol car and my sport trac which are both white. I will just get something else for the vette.
Don't fell bad. His demo looks impressive until you start to think about it. I'm a sucker for the demos at the car swap meets, etc. I'm better now but I used to buy all the junk and none of it and I mean none of it ever worked like the demo. I've bought mops, knives, powdered wax, anti fog for mirrors and windows, etc, etc.

Now I check the forum for anyone that has had experience with these things. The latest was Mr. Clean Auto Dry which has a very convincing commercial but got many bad reviews here and other forums that I frequent.

No matter what you want to buy someone has bought it and has an opinion about it, good or bad. I'm in the market for new tires and will do my research on this forum from people who have bought and used different tires and then decide. It is real world use that matters to me, not clever advertising or trick demos.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:49 PM
rwlc5
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

This guy is always at Corvettes at Carlisle. I bought it years ago (before I knew about Zaino). Like someone said, it is just a carnuba based wax. It doesn't work as well as it does on the demo hood and it doesn't last that long on your car. I don't think it harms your car, it just isn't as great as the salesman makes it out to be.

Get notified of new replies

To ibiz car wax

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ibiz car wax