C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part # for tranny->differential o-ring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Dope
Resident moron
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Part # for tranny->differential o-ring?

There's an o-ring that goes on the end of the T56, where it mates with the rear differential carrier. It's pretty big, nearly a foot in diameter. Anyone know the part #?

Thanks,
Dope
Old 10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Dope
There's an o-ring that goes on the end of the T56, where it mates with the rear differential carrier. It's pretty big, nearly a foot in diameter. Anyone know the part #?

Thanks,
Dope
Crap, you would have to ask me 2 months after I looked it up and ordered it. Let me dig it up.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Dope
Resident moron
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks dude. I have all the parts manuals but for some reason I don't see it on the exploded views of the T56 or the carrier itself.

Dope
Old 10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Thanks dude. I have all the parts manuals but for some reason I don't see it on the exploded views of the T56 or the carrier itself.

Dope

Ya, the dealers have a hard time with this one on the parts CD; I guess the issue is they can't decide whether it's part of the trans or the diff! Hopefully I haven't tossed the baggie it came it yet. If I did, worse case is I'll PM my guy over at the dealership, he has it memorized!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Could it be 12369456? This is the big o-ring that appears on the side seal drawing for the diff. I know when we took my friend's off recently it was obviously in the groove on the tranny extension but it is not on the tranny exploded view in the manual. here's a pic of it on my bud's tranny.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Dope
Resident moron
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patches
Could it be 12369456? This is the big o-ring that appears on the side seal drawing for the diff. I know when we took my friend's off recently it was obviously in the groove on the tranny extension but it is not on the tranny exploded view in the manual. here's a pic of it on my bud's tranny.

I think you got it. I looked at the side drawing on the diff and there it was, 12369456. It's gotta be it, it's in the right place.

I'll order it and see what comes It's listed as a 'main/output shaft seal retainer oring'.

Dope
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

I think you got it. I looked at the side drawing on the diff and there it was, 12369456. It's gotta be it, it's in the right place.

I'll order it and see what comes It's listed as a 'main/output shaft seal retainer oring'.

Dope
I figured Ed would come to the rescue eventually!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Dope
Resident moron
Support Corvetteforum!

Btw, nice tranny jack. I have 2 of them. Makes diff/tranny/clutch jobs doable by myself.

Dope
Old 10-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Btw, nice tranny jack. I have 2 of them. Makes diff/tranny/clutch jobs doable by myself.

Dope
Ya, that jack "gets around".. Ed and I have the same buddy; used that jack in the pic to do my swap!

Get notified of new replies

To Part # for tranny->differential o-ring?

Quick Reply: Part # for tranny->differential o-ring?