C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Plethora of ZR-1 Information

Old 08-16-2004, 12:12 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Plethora of ZR-1 Information

Many of us have gathered lots of valuable information on ZR-1s over the years. I am interested to see if anybody would be interested in electronic formats of some of this information. I have aquired some stuff myself and have started some photoshop, PDF, Powerpoint slide presentations for just magazine articles and some posters.

So far I have worked on some of this stuff:
Corvette Fever April '99 - ZR-1 The Ultimate Corvette
Corvette Fever April '89 - Twin Turbo ZR-1
Corvette Fever Mar '89 - LT5 Building The King
Road & Track Jun '89 - ZR-1Challenging the Word's SuperCars
Corvette Fever Mar '00 - ZR-1 Still The King
Road & Track Aug '89 - Corvette ZR-1 First Test
Vette Dec '97 - Sizzling Z's
Road & Track Sep '91 - World's Fastest Cars
Corvette Q. Sep '89 - ZR1's Taking Europe by Storm
Motor Trend June '89 - Flat Out Fastest Cars - The Sequel
Automobile June '89 - ZR-1 vs. Ferrari, Testarossa, and Porsche 928GT
Car and Driver June '89 - ZR-1 The Corvette from Hell - Part 2

Interested to know if anybody wants to take on this project with me or submit articles. If nobody is interested in taking this on with me, I would be glad to share alot of information that I have collected over the years.

Please shoot me an email if you are interested.

Old 08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im interested....I'lll be more interested when my PC doesn't suck. I should be getting a new one here shortly so I'll get in touch with you when that occurs.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:54 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Originally Posted by 90 Corvette ZR-1
Im interested....I'lll be more interested when my PC doesn't suck. I should be getting a new one here shortly so I'll get in touch with you when that occurs.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:29 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I,d like to get the Lt-5 training vids on DVD is anyone has done that project yet.....
Old 08-16-2004, 11:59 PM
locobob
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be great to have those old mag articles available, maybe you could get them up on the ZR-1 net.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 AM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

There are all different ways we can do it but we need several people helping out. I already have about 15 magazine covers scanned, some articles, and some other things. It is a time consuming process though to do it right.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:53 AM
Greybeard ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a good idea. I've got quite a few early articles myself. I'll dig out what I have, and try to add to the total.

Of course, there are copywrite issues to deal with. Especially if you're considering dubbing those training tapes. But it would be great to have the definitive ZR1 media archive.

Yup- Just checked, and I've got at least a dozen Vette Magazine articles with references to the ZR1, and more Road&Track, Corvette World, Automobile, Corvette fever, Motor Trend, Autoweek, Keepin Track of Vettes, Hot Rod Magazine's- CORVETTES, all with major articles on the car.

Damn you, now I'm sucked in to perusing all this speculation, hyperboly, and downright adulation from the late eighties, and early nineties.

Last edited by Greybeard ZR1; 08-17-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:22 AM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Not going to print them and/or sell them and author and magazine would be listed on the scans.

In regards to the videos, that is definately a no no in regards to copyrights.
You can get most of that stuff for $100.00 on ebay.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:53 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

I also have a ton of ZR-1 magazines ranging from VETTE,CORVETTE FEVER,and almost all of the old ZR-1 REGISTRY LEGEND magazines.Last year i bought a bunch ZR-1 related items from somebody and included was no less than 50 corvette magazines all ZR-1 related.My personal collection dates back to 88-89 when i started saving everything to do with the ZR-1. I also have many ZR-1 posters,literature,etc...I would also be interested in sharing the stuff i have....JERRY
Old 08-17-2004, 03:01 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

I think we may be ok on the copy right laws. Im thinking the fare use statute can help us here.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

I think we may be ok on the copy right laws. Im thinking the fare use statute can help us here.
Ummmm, hold on there a minute there junior....I'm not sure about "fare" use.. Are you going to use these magazine articles to pay for a plane ticket or a taxi ride? That would just be wrong, immoral, and perhaps illegal in some states!!!

On the otherhand, "fair use" under copyright law allows personal somewhat extended use of copyrighted materials by a lawful purchaser of such matierals, and does not in fact extend to your friends, neighbors or internet buddies...So in otherwords, you can make a copy of that copyrighted work to view/peruse while at your vacation house... but you can't copy it and exchange it with the aforementioned.. or somethin' like that.. I was absessed the day they jawed about that there topic in klass...(sorry for the lame response, you guys haven't really been giving me anything to work with lately.. back to Viper Alley for me..)

Yours Truly,

Unicorn Racing Intl.

"When you Dream of Performance, we'll be there!!"
Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

Thank you spelling ****.

Now moving onto the more pressing topic for this thread:

The fair use doctrine is a privilege in others than the owner of the copyright to use the copyrighted material in a reasonable manner without his consent. The reasonableness of a use is determined on a case-by-case basis applying an equitable rule of reason analysis. There are four factors in determining whether the use was a "fair use": 1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2) the nature of the copyrighted work; 3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Now you were saying?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:34 PM
MidlandZR1
Instructor

See if Mom will make a library for them on Zr1.net That's the right place to store them. He's good about adding helpful ZR1 stuff to his site.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Greybeard ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know nothing about copywright law, (and need to use spellcheck too), but, as a layman it seems that if we gathered all this info for inclusion in an archive, possibly sponsored by one of the internet sites that are dedicated to the ZR1, it would be similar to a library, and thereby O.K.

Saving this material in one spot, for reference by members and the public would avoid the problems that would occur if you gathered it and resold it, (such as on a DVD).

Articles like these are reprinted all the time on sites like: The Corvette Action Center, ZR1 Net, and The LT5 Registry. Possibly one of these sites could step up and offer the space on their server. It would be a great resource.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 PM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

Thank you spelling ****.

Now moving onto the more pressing topic for this thread:

The fair use doctrine is a privilege in others than the owner of the copyright to use the copyrighted material in a reasonable manner without his consent. The reasonableness of a use is determined on a case-by-case basis applying an equitable rule of reason analysis. There are four factors in determining whether the use was a "fair use": 1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2) the nature of the copyrighted work; 3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Now you were saying?

ummmmmm, what was the question? Tonydee knot nasti... Tonydee jus try to keep yung wipper snapper out of dee pokey...
Old 08-17-2004, 11:56 PM
90 Corvette ZR-1
Le Mans Master

I guess it must be old timers kicking in for you tony. It's ok I'll go slowly for you. As per what I posted, it reads as such: If the works are reproduced in such a manner as to be used for the nonprofit educational use of the persons that are reproducing said work, then the work reproduced does not violate the copyright laws.

Now if you feel like conducting a civil converstaion without resorting to name calling, feel free to continue conversing in said manner, otherwise just refrain from reading and commenting upon posts written by myself.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:59 AM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

Now if you feel like conducting a civil converstaion without resorting to name calling, feel free to continue conversing in said manner, otherwise just refrain from reading and commenting upon posts written by myself.
Gee, gosh, golly... I was only kiddin'... anywaze.... If I don't comment on your posts then how can I annoy you? You are taking all the fun out of this forum.

Regards,

Unicorn Racing Intl. "We got your horspower "Right Here!"
Old 08-18-2004, 11:01 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Originally Posted by jr9170
I also have a ton of ZR-1 magazines ranging from VETTE,CORVETTE FEVER,and almost all of the old ZR-1 REGISTRY LEGEND magazines.Last year i bought a bunch ZR-1 related items from somebody and included was no less than 50 corvette magazines all ZR-1 related.My personal collection dates back to 88-89 when i started saving everything to do with the ZR-1. I also have many ZR-1 posters,literature,etc...I would also be interested in sharing the stuff i have....JERRY

Get notified of new replies

To Plethora of ZR-1 Information

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plethora of ZR-1 Information