Water leak around door sill area

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Water leak around door sill area

During heavy rain over the last 3 days the front drivers side footwell area is soaked, and i noticed that when i open the door water is puddled up on the sill area, not sure if the water is tracking over the plastic colored trim piece or underneath to the interior carpet.
I actually think its coming in from the door/fender gap (starting right behind the mirror) and running down to the sill, because the car was parked during a heavy t-storm and the water puddled again.
Anyone experience this problem. :mad
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Cool 50th AE
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have water pouring in from the passenger window on my vert. It rained bucket loads on Monday and today. The carpet and passenger seat was drenched with water both days. I had brought it in for service to have the window adjusted under warranty and they said they took care of it. The funny thing was that they worked on the wrong window. When I bring it back I'll put a post-it note on the correct window to be fixed.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Rob 99
Support Corvetteforum!

yea water leaks are tough ones, and can do a lot of damage.
I have seen a aux door seal that west coast corvettes sells in there catolog, i wonder if that might fix my leak.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:18 AM
bobsY2Kvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 99
yea water leaks are tough ones, and can do a lot of damage.
I have seen a aux door seal that west coast corvettes sells in there catolog, i wonder if that might fix my leak.
In a word.....Nope
Old 07-15-2004, 04:45 AM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Are you sure it's a leak? Same symptoms as the dreaded A/C drain plugged scenerio. Your A/C takes humidity out of the air and the drain will practically run like a hose on a rainy day. I had a Pontiac and everytime it rained the passenger side footwell filled up. Turned out the drain on that side was plugged causing the A/C unit to fill up and drain over there. Just a thought before you do alot of damage chasing a phantom door seal problem. Especially if you have owned the vehicle awhile and just noticed the problem. My .02!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:33 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Water in the sill area is normal and there is no easy way to eliminate it altogether. But, that's where it should stay. I doubt it would be migrating from there into the driver's side floor, especially when parked, unless you have a hole somewhere. Next time it rains hard (or have someone spray a hose on it), sit in the car and see if you can see the leak.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Rob 99
Support Corvetteforum!

Yea I looked at the pic of the door sill, and it runs at the outer door edge, and thats not going to work, as far as it might be the A/C i would say no cause it's only on the drivers side and i see puddling on the door sill. So i think it's running down from the door hinge area and settling in the sill and leaking over or under the plastic trim onto the carpet. Now whats the fix? that is the question?

Get notified of new replies

To Water leak around door sill area

Quick Reply: Water leak around door sill area