C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Ebony polishing glaze

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 06:05 PM
tom102
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Ebony polishing glaze

Does anyone know if the Company Cleanbright the manufacturer of Liquid Ebony is still in business? It is great stuff for machine polishing/glazing acrylic lacquer. I still have a little left in a bottle that is about 15 years old and would like to get some more but I cant find it anywhere, any suggestions?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:03 PM
mrcorvette79
Advanced

I've used gallons of that stuff years ago, unfortunately Liquid Ebony is no long available. However, as I just replied to another question 3M Imperial Hand Glaze works as well if not better than Liquid Ebony. But use it as the name implies, By Hand, heat from a machine polisher will cause to dry and cake on the pad. Good Luck, Marc
Old 07-10-2004, 07:16 PM
neoh77
Advanced

Default no way!

I'm sorry to hear that it is no longer available! I picked some up about a year ago at a local hardware store. In fact, I used it to polish my tail light lenses (rubbing compound, polishing, then liquid ebony on top) and they really came out nice.

I can look and see if they have any left.

for what it's worth I also used it to hand and machine rub guitar finishes and it worked really well there on lacquers.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Chick D.
1st Gear

Hello , I was reading this older post and was wondering if you still happen to have the bottle of liquid ebony ? If so , I am in the final stages of rubbing out a black lac.job and could really use some if any one has it. Please email me at bigdogz1974@yahoo.com Thanks !

Get notified of new replies

To Liquid Ebony polishing glaze

Quick Reply: Liquid Ebony polishing glaze