Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

corvettes against cancer...very important

Old 03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default corvettes against cancer...very important

the weather stations are calling for a 35%chance of thunderstorms this Sunday. We are now in discussions on just how we are going to handle that. We have a few options open to us and we are taking the time to look at every one. I am going to be appearing this Friday on Channel 3's Good Day Arizona between 11 and noon. I have told the Cocomo's people to let me know of a decission no later then 10:15 Friday morning so that I can go on air and broadcast the changes. I will be updating this thread as soon as I have any new information that will be helpful. should all go as planned please be at Cocomo Joe's, N/W Tatum and Dynamite by 8am. The caravan is scheduled to leave by 9:30 or so and I am expecting a huge amount of walk on registrations and will need the time to get everyone signed in.

See you all sunday.
Joe
Old 03-31-2004, 07:48 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (woodworkr)

:( Hope the show doesn't get postponed :cry :cheers: :seeya :steering: :seeya
Old 03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (phxraptor)

:( Hope the show doesn't get postponed :cry :cheers: :seeya :steering: :seeya
Me too! My vote's for this weekend!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (Perfusion)

Let's do it!! :thumbs:
Old 03-31-2004, 09:35 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (Scratch)

I am leaning to doing it this weekend myself. But my problem is should it start to drizzle, well you all know just how **** we are about keeping out Corvettes Clean. Just how many do you think will show up? Maybe some of the C5's, but the older ones will be out of the picture, and I would not blaim them one bit. Also many were hoping for the outdoor party and then to move it all in doors well there may be some very disappointed people (me included) I would just hate to have it go off and only 20 or 25 cars show up...that would make it hard for next year. But we are hoping for the best, afterall God knows this is all for a good cause, maybe He will move the clouds away.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Perfusion
Race Director

Weather.com is showing a 50% chance for Friday, 40% Saturday, 30% Sunday, and 10% Monday. I'll keep an eye on the forecast throughout the weekend, and let's just hope the 30% gets a lot lower.

Saturday night is Corvette night at the Pavillions, so that may be a good indicator as to people's sentiments towards Sunday if it's cloudy.

Oh....and I'll be there rain or shine. I hope everyone else will be as well. I can understand (*completely*, so let's not start a flame war) why some of the older cars may stay in if it's threatening rain, but in this case, I have to say they're wrong. Get 'em out and on the road to show some support! Unless you are the original owner, you have no way of saying your 67 has never seen rain. If that's not an issue, but you just don't want it to get dirty - summer's coming. You probably need to clean it anyway!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:23 AM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Weather.com is showing a 50% chance for Friday, 40% Saturday, 30% Sunday, and 10% Monday. I'll keep an eye on the forecast throughout the weekend, and let's just hope the 30% gets a lot lower.

Saturday night is Corvette night at the Pavillions, so that may be a good indicator as to people's sentiments towards Sunday if it's cloudy.

Oh....and I'll be there rain or shine. I hope everyone else will be as well. I can understand (*completely*, so let's not start a flame war) why some of the older cars may stay in if it's threatening rain, but in this case, I have to say they're wrong. Get 'em out and on the road to show some support! Unless you are the original owner, you have no way of saying your 67 has never seen rain. If that's not an issue, but you just don't want it to get dirty - summer's coming. You probably need to clean it anyway!

:withstupid: :cheers: :seeya
Old 04-01-2004, 02:50 PM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (phxraptor)

:iagree: I'll certainly be there rain or shine but then mines a daily driver and has seen it's share of rain in the year I've owned it. I would go out on a limb and say you're not from AZ if you're scared by a 30% chance. Thirty percent means two or three extra clouds in the sky. Lets all get out and support the cause!!! :auto: :hurray:
Old 04-01-2004, 05:27 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (eddie44)

The way that I see it is that out here in the desert when they say a 30% chance of rain, they are HOPING for rain.
There has been one other major set back. I was completely turned down to have the caravan escourted. Seems that there is too much politics going on. Pheonix does not want it through their streets neither does Scottsdale. Also has to do with bike week and the amount of bikes here in town and that they wanted escourted cruises as well. But I spoke with my contact at the sheriffs department and there is no law that says I can not lead the caravan, even if it should be 300 cars, on a nice leisurely cruise through the desert along the route. So I have made everyone maps with the route highlighted and driving instructions on the back. So that is going to work out. What seems to be happening here is that the event is a victum of its own popularity. We will deal with that and have a great time anyway.
See you all Sunday morning. Remember at about 8 am Please.
JOe
Old 04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

:iagree: :cool: :steering: :cheers: :seeya Sunday
Old 04-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

I can understand why some of the older cars may stay in if it's threatening rain, but in this case, I have to say they're wrong. Get 'em out and on the road to show some support! Unless you are the original owner, you have no way of saying your 67 has never seen rain. If that's not an issue, but you just don't want it to get dirty - summer's coming. You probably need to clean it anyway!
I can tell you've never owned a C3 (jab jab) :lol: No working windshield wipers on my car, which is somewhat common for C3s. C3 windshield wipers are like C3 air conditioning and clocks. They generally don't work, and if you spend the $$ to get them to work it's only good for a short amount of time. Not worried about dirt as much as safety. I don't have time to get them working in the next two days.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:42 PM
joshc
Instructor

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (Corvette_fetish)

I know exactly what you mean about the wipers and safety.

Well, let's just keep the postive mindset and hope the rain blows though, if any, by Saturday night. Looking forward to a good ride down from Prescott, and an even better cruise.

Remember the last cruise through New River when the unsuspecting sunday vetter drove by and had 200 waves? Musta took em by surprise!!

NO RAIN!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:41 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (joshc)

My C3 wipers have that "intermittent" feature.

The work intermittently, and with no rhyme or reason. I once drove in the rain and had them not work. Stopped, dried the windshield by hand and got back in the car only to have them start working all the sudden. The rain stopped, I turned them off, but wanted to see if they would work again. Hit the button and they worked, even the sprayers. Turned them off, it started raining again and then the wipers wouldn't work again.

I think they only work when the windshield is dry.

I hope we won't have rain for Sunday. But, after driving back from Tucson tonight in a massive storm (car almost got blown off the road), and the power is currently out 1 block away from me, the chances of bad weather look pretty strong right now.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (joshc)

Well, let's just keep the postive mindset and hope the rain blows though, if any, by Saturday night... NO RAIN!!!
I agree! I'm really looking forward to this event. Hope all goes as planned.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Quiktrp94
Pro

Hey Joe, count me in. I don't know why I didn't sign up earlier, but I printed out a application and will have it ready for Sunday. Thanks for all the hard work you've done to pull this off. Seeya Sunday, Robert :cheers: :steering:
Old 04-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Scratch
Team Owner

Default Re: corvettes against cancer...very important (rspvette)

I took a vacation day for this event....that's right, I plan my days around this stuff :D I'm there wet or dry :shocked:
Old 04-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

:lol: No working windshield wipers on my car, which is somewhat common for C3s. C3 windshield wipers are like C3 air conditioning and clocks. They generally don't work, and if you spend the $$ to get them to work it's only good for a short amount of time.
RainX!!! It doesn't rain in Arizona, anyway - it's just liquid sun!!!

Get notified of new replies

To corvettes against cancer...very important

Old 04-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

RainX!!!
:skep: The jury's still out on that stuff in my world.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

It seems as though Mother Nature is going to cooperate with us for the show. I spoke with the Cocomo Joe's people and the official word is GO. They are going ahead and getting the fencing and the stage.

One other developement,,,,,,the owner of the Cobra that is going to be on display would like to sell raffle tickets and one lucky winner will get, as he puts it, "An Explosive Ride" in the car. They just did some timed runs with the car and it did 0-60 in 2 sec and 0-100 in 3 sec!!!!! Now that's cooking along!!!!! See you all Sunday.
Joe
Old 04-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

A Cobra..hmmnnn...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: corvettes against cancer...very important