Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Where to buy Zaino products?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 02:43 AM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to buy Zaino products?

Where can I get the stuff? I've never seen it at anyplace like Autozone or anything. :confused:
Old 12-07-2003, 09:57 AM
DsC5
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where to buy Zaino products? (Lord Odin)

You can order online at http:/www.zainobros.com or email Sal to find a local distributor. I buy mine from Carl (hcvone), usually in person, sometimes through the mail. Always great service from him.

Results are in the sig. :cool:
Old 12-07-2003, 02:39 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Zaino is not sold in any stores, only thru distributors such as myself and from the home office http://www.zainobros.com
Old 12-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Default Re: Where to buy Zaino products? (KLO)

Sweet. Now the only question is, what am I supposed to get? I'd like to obviously get my paint looking great but also want to get some stuff for the leather interior. What would you guys recommend?
Old 12-07-2003, 05:12 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Sweet. Now the only question is, what am I supposed to get? I'd like to obviously get my paint looking great but also want to get some stuff for the leather interior. What would you guys recommend?
Can't help you with the interior, but for the exterior (after you have removed any swirling or other imperfections with non-Zaino products, I really like Menzerna polishes (Intensive and Final)) I would recommend Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7 and ZFX. I think there is even a Zaino package deal that includes these. I also highly recommend a clay bar, it can be Zaino's Z18 bar, or Mothers, or Clay Magic (blue bar). They all work about the same and very well.

Old 12-07-2003, 05:54 PM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: Where to buy Zaino products? (DsC5)

Just purchased the complete car kit $85.00... so we'll see just how she does...
Old 12-07-2003, 06:39 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Z-9 Leather cleaner and Z-10 Leather Conditioner are our interior products, you can use them on leather and also on plastics, your dash, anywhere, etc.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Is there an optimal temperature to use this stuff at? Or doesn't it matter?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:26 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Colder temps (from 32 to 40ish) make Zaino dry a little slower, however I applied some Zaino in my shop the other day and them temps where in the 40's and it dried within 30 min, but I have been Zainoing for 7 or 8 years so I am experienced and know how to apply it thinly so it will dry faster, you being a newbe might tend to want to put on too much and have that old wax thinking of more is better, while with Zaino less is better.....

As far as the results are concerned, temp does not really matter.............
Old 12-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Cool. I just ordered up a whole kit (with leather care stuff) and will try it this weekend in my dad's heated barn. Should give me plenty of time and good conditions to try it in. Hopefully it'll turn out well. :cheers:
Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 PM
SteveConn
Instructor

Originally Posted by KLO
Z-9 Leather cleaner and Z-10 Leather Conditioner are our interior products, you can use them on leather and also on plastics, your dash, anywhere, etc.
KLO: I'd like to order some Zaino product from you (I'm in Memphis). Please call me tomorrow AM so that I can order with a card and hopefully receive it on Monday. Steve Conn, cell 901-795-5905,

Old 12-19-2019, 10:31 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveConn
KLO: I'd like to order some Zaino product from you (I'm in Memphis). Please call me tomorrow AM so that I can order with a card and hopefully receive it on Monday. Steve Conn, cell 901-795-5905,
16-year-old thread resurrection has to be a new record! Let me help you out a little...

"KLO" hasn't even visited this website in almost 7 years: "Last Activity: 01-14-2013 12:51 AM"

His Zaino distribution website listed in his profile is no longer valid. I suggest visiting the Zaino manufacturer website directly.
The following users liked this post:
Grzldvt1 (12-19-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 02:21 AM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Unbelievable, What with all the new chemistry and product development over these past years of so many other brand names
have the Zaino Bros been able to Keep Up or are fans just holding on to the memories of the "good ole days"
Old 12-20-2019, 04:47 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by CamarosRus
Unbelievable, What with all the new chemistry and product development over these past years of so many other brand names
have the Zaino Bros been able to Keep Up or are fans just holding on to the memories of the "good ole days"
While he has not gotten into the Ceramic Craze, the products still work quite well depending on what you want. In my shop I created a combination of Zaino products that made the color and what was contained in that color(metaflake, or anything else) simply stand out amongst cars of the same color. Feynlabs Ceramics do the same thing.
I wasn't just a detailer that slapped a product on a car and collected pennies(My term for $$). I spent time studying products and their affect on paint and what they brought out and what they did not do. It is what made a difference between myself and other detailers in my area.
I have a combination of Zaino products that was my "go to" award winning finish that I have never found in any other product. For multiple years almost all of my show cars won awards, several were asked to no longer compete as they always won. The new owner has continued the tradition. I thought the advent of Ceramics would end the look, as I tested so many products to no avail. All gave a nice shine, but did not bring out the paint like I wanted, although Kamikaze Miyabe was the closest, I stumbled across Feynlabs products and talked to their head chemist I had questions about the product no one could answer but him.
When I told him what I could do with Zaino, he told me his products would do the same thing, they sent me a pantload of various products and I found a ceramic that made the difference I was looking for.
Simply put it is the difference between a great shine and finish and a stunning look and finish. Both Zaino and Feynlabs have what I and my customers were looking for,
Now keep in mind I am about a year behind on the latest products, but most if not all I have seen do not bring up the magic words I look for in a product, nor do I see it when I talk to people at shows I currently work at about their finish. 95% are simply duplicates of existing formulas. There are a couple that intrigue me that I will buy and try on one of my cars I just bought and see panel to panel how they compare to Feynlabs products.

Last edited by Grzldvt1; 12-20-2019 at 04:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Grzldvt1:
Dave1 (12-23-2019), John Ulrich (12-22-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 06:52 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CamarosRus
Great question that I ask myself. I try the all new stuff (right now the newly released Turtle Wax Ceramic Product Line) and "good ole" Z is holding its own quite well. While I do like Bead Maker over the Zaino Grand Finale Spray Seal and Clear Seal, nothing I have tried yet has done better than Z-AIO as an all purpose polish/wax. PC Fusion remains the best mild paint correcting product. Leather Soft leather cleaner cleans well and has the most realistic leather smell of any product by far- I don't know how they do it! Zaino products retain a strong place on my detailing product shelves!
Grzldvt1 (12-27-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 09:05 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Zaino still makes some fine products, but there are so many choices out there I almost feel guilty because I have migrated a bit to other products. I still use some Zaino products. The look of Zaino Clear Sealant with a Z8 finish is still hard to beat. Nothing to do with "waxing nostalgic", pardon the pun. Their ZPC Fusion is another nice product for clearing up minor swirl marks. I like to try different products. Right now I'm really liking Beadmaker as a QD and love the shine that Polish Angel High Gloss gives.
FYRARMS (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:57 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Grzldvt1, I really enjoy reading your posts and respect your advice and thoughts. I am only detailing / correcting one car my 12' Inferno Orange
Corvette Grand Sport. I suppose my car falls into the Garage Queen category. I'm fussy and particular with when and where I drive it.

Ive been reluctant to use a ceramic coating like Feynlab as I consider it So Permanent. Ive done all the Big Correcting With Meg's 105, then switched
to Meg's 100 , then JESCAR Correcting Compound. After removing 95% of the Clear Coat Chips and 98% of Scratches I then used Menzerna Old Bottle
of 4000 (now 3500) and then Car Pro Essence with RUPES Yellow Pads (6"&3")......
Now Ive purchased Sonax Perfect Finish, Collinite 845 and wanting to buy JESCAR Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant .
I then have BlackFire SiO2 , Beadmaker and Pinnacle Soveran Wax sitting here.....

I also have a ton of misc pads and sizes. Porter Cable 7424 and a long throw TORQ DA

As you can see Im addicted to buying chemicals and have spent way too much $$$$ .....but I rationalize all this as Im doing my own labor.....

Your thoughts about my above Product line up vs a Finish Coat with Feynlab Ceramic Lite or ??????

Ive also added XPEL Ultimate Plus to the Front Bumper and Mirrors
Im considering adding Carbon Flash Vinyl Stripes to Hood, Roof.& Deck

respectfully, Chuck S Auburn,WA

Last edited by CamarosRus; 12-20-2019 at 01:59 PM.
John Ulrich (12-22-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy Zaino products?

Old 12-29-2019, 11:40 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Has anyone used AMMO products? My Godson is a detailer in Illinois and I live on Long Island so I can't easily go over and watch him detail a car. However, he told me he uses AMMO products.

Anyone use them? He sent me these links.

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-skin/

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-re...undation-coat/
https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-cr...lective-paste/

The stuff is expensive, but maybe worth it. I used the old Classic Car wax Carnauba when I was young. I does not last long so I got away from Carnauba Wax as I do not show my cars.

As for Zaino, my usual routine is to use Zaino All-in-One
Then two or three coats with Zaino Z-5 as my paint does have swirls and scratches. To the Z-5 I add Zaino Flash cure accelerator.
When all done, I seal it with Zaino Clear Seal.

This routine seems to work well and last. But if my Godson hadn't mentioned AMMO, I wouldn't be asking.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:47 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
While he has not gotten into the Ceramic Craze, the products still work quite well depending on what you want. In my shop I created a combination of Zaino products that made the color and what was contained in that color(metaflake, or anything else) simply stand out amongst cars of the same color. Feynlabs Ceramics do the same thing.
I wasn't just a detailer that slapped a product on a car and collected pennies(My term for $$). I spent time studying products and their affect on paint and what they brought out and what they did not do. It is what made a difference between myself and other detailers in my area.
I have a combination of Zaino products that was my "go to" award winning finish that I have never found in any other product. For multiple years almost all of my show cars won awards, several were asked to no longer compete as they always won. The new owner has continued the tradition. I thought the advent of Ceramics would end the look, as I tested so many products to no avail. All gave a nice shine, but did not bring out the paint like I wanted, although Kamikaze Miyabe was the closest, I stumbled across Feynlabs products and talked to their head chemist I had questions about the product no one could answer but him.
When I told him what I could do with Zaino, he told me his products would do the same thing, they sent me a pantload of various products and I found a ceramic that made the difference I was looking for.
Simply put it is the difference between a great shine and finish and a stunning look and finish. Both Zaino and Feynlabs have what I and my customers were looking for,
Now keep in mind I am about a year behind on the latest products, but most if not all I have seen do not bring up the magic words I look for in a product, nor do I see it when I talk to people at shows I currently work at about their finish. 95% are simply duplicates of existing formulas. There are a couple that intrigue me that I will buy and try on one of my cars I just bought and see panel to panel how they compare to Feynlabs products.
May I ask what your Zaino routine is for most cars you detail. More interested in how you treat daily drivers than show cars.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:57 PM
jz94
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The only Zaino product I have used is the Z-10 leather conditioner. I just bought a new bottle after taking about 7 years to use up the old one, lol. It looks a little different, but the smell is still great, the best, IMO.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Zaino products?