C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations?

Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 PM
nevrenuf
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Edit Guru
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations?

My chrome 2000 wheels have chrome starting to peel due to corrosion.. I need someone to strip the wheels, clean and re-chrome..

Anyone with a good experience..?

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-15-2003, 12:35 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Re: Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations? (nevrenuf)

You might try Kuntz Industries in Canada. I believe they are near Toronto. They did all the Cadillac chrome plate wheel business for GM a few years ago and may still be one of GMs sources. There are many platers around but they are not OEM quality. Whomever you go with be sure they use the triple plate process. Ist layer is copper, then 1 or more layers of nickel (this is actually the layer that gives you the corrosion protection), the chrome is just a flash coat for appearance only. If you find a source close to you go and visit them...take a tour of the plant and look at the work they have done in the past (they usually are proud of their work and have examples laying around the office). :cheers:
Old 07-15-2003, 03:45 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations? (nevrenuf)

Tom,

Something you acutually can't do yourself, say it isn't so ;) :lol: :reddevil

Your long lost buddy...

Julie says hi by the way, she came in 2nd at the drag competition at the 50th anniv. in Nashville, where were you?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:34 AM
wkasak_07Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My chrome 2000 wheels have chrome starting to peel due to corrosion.. I need someone to strip the wheels, clean and re-chrome..

Anyone with a good experience..?

Thanks

Tom
I'd like to know also...anyone??? :thumbs:
Old 07-15-2003, 01:23 PM
frenchcu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of places that chrome wheels in California. You also could try Wheel Collision Center. They repair wheels and they are in PA. The web address is http://www.wheelcollision.com They can probably help you or at least point you in the right direction.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:43 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Default Re: Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations? (frenchcu)

Call HRE find out how much they want. My Forgelines always went back to the factory for any work unless it was minor curb rash. Also Forgeline was cheaper than the other wheel repair companies.

Rennsport did do a good job locally. However I haven't much out of them in a couple of years.

[Modified by 93Polo, 2:45 PM 7/15/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a place to re-chrome my wheels.. any recommendations?