Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

BeesWax in Car Wax.....

Old 06-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default BeesWax in Car Wax.....

I was talking to detailer online the other evening and we were dissecting some of the Guru Report as well as other items. I discussed P21S specifically, based on its great score and how after using it I still prefered Pinnacle Soveran.

It was aledged that the heavy use of BeesWax in P21S allowed it some additional points, but does nothing for a cars optical finish itself. Basically in concentrated form, it allows superior beading that makes the wax appear to protect longer.

He supported this by discussing all the recent car wash with wax in it, and spray on to bead water away products, and they all use Beeswax to help water bead off the finish and allow the look of a waxed finish. He also stated that Pure Carnuba without Beeswax will bead but nowhere near the same extent. Is this true ??

Old 06-23-2003, 06:28 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

Default Re: BeesWax in Car Wax..... (Killrwheels)

You will find most carnauba waxes contain bees wax, you will find out more once you know who makes Pinnacle, do a little investgation and you will find out too. ;)
Old 06-23-2003, 07:44 AM
DsC5
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard/read that before too, but don't know anything further than what you just wrote. :confused:

p.s. You're right on about Souveran being better than P21s, no question about it. I've been trying both alternately for a few months, and if I was buying one again, it would be Souveran. :)
Old 06-23-2003, 10:02 AM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bees Wax has just about zero durability, if you put your car in the sun on a 80 to 85+ degree day in the sun, that wax is broken down in no time.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: BeesWax in Car Wax..... (hcvone)

You will find most carnauba waxes contain bees wax, you will find out more once you know who makes Pinnacle, do a little investgation and you will find out too. ;)
I have found more than 200 listings for Pinnacle at www/sunbiz.org . I also know that Pinnacle is out of Stuart, Florida and has something to do with http://www.autogeek.net or so I believe. Other than that, I do not know what you are implying or why it would change the outcome. The product works well, and their customer service is 1st rate.

Anyone needing a discount on Pinnacle ?? Jon at Pinnacle said to use coupon code "corvetteforum" and that he will consider site sponsorship. Now if Zaino will, it could be a win-win for everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To BeesWax in Car Wax.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BeesWax in Car Wax.....