Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is Zaino really that good?

Old 08-27-2001, 02:07 PM
c5rose
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Default Is Zaino really that good?

I hear of Zaino so much more than Maguiars on the forum.

I specifically wanted to check it out at Carlisle this past weekend. One couldn't miss the Maguiars tent(s), but I was a bit disappointed upon finding the Zaino one. It was a backyard picnic canopy with a card table set up with Zaino products lined up. :confused:

What makes Zaino so much better? And is the product just beginning to take off, or is it meant to appear more as a small business than huge Maquiars?
Old 08-27-2001, 02:10 PM
dbvettez06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (c5rose)

In one word YES...Try the stuff, and decide for yourself...I sat on the fence for almost a year...I.m 50 and generally dont believe much of what i hear...The stuff is all they say... :D
Old 08-27-2001, 02:28 PM
QWK SLVR
Le Mans Master

First of all, YES it is that damn good. Like the previous poster I poo-pooed it for over a year. When I got the new vette, I figured what the heck. The stuff is amazing and lives up to all the hype. I'll never use anything else.

On to the second issue. Sal only goes through distributors. This way all of his vendors are knowlegable about the stuff. Sal runs his business that way on purpose. Sure there are no fancy ads and bottles, and graphics, but it's what's in the bottle that counts.

Old 08-27-2001, 02:32 PM
Silver TT
Racer

YES. YES. YES.

I Zaino'd my car once and after 3 washes I still can not believe how good the damn thing looks.

If you see someone who has doen there car 5-10x you would not even ask this question.

Dan
Old 08-27-2001, 02:36 PM
Sully C5
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Yes...absolutely a great product!!!! Sal at Zaino will not impress anyone with sales & marketing razzle-dazzle, however, he makes up for it by offering a fantastic product.

BTW IMHO whenever you see a negative post about Zaino, it is usually because it was used incorrectly. The most important thing to remember about Zaino is THIN COATS .

[Modified by Sully C5, 1:39 PM 8/27/2001]
Old 08-27-2001, 02:37 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Is Zaino really that good?

:yesnod:
Old 08-27-2001, 02:50 PM
vette2001c5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino doesn't come in a fancy bottle, and there is no glitzy ad campaign, but trust me, it works! I did my 12th coat this weekend. Looking at my car in the sun this morning was unbelievable -- like a black mirror. :cool:
Old 08-27-2001, 02:52 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

This forum is heavily biased to the "Z" word. :D I tried it for 9 months, and while it did a good job, I didn't like it as much as Meguiar's. So I switched back and am happy I did. Zaino seems to do a great job on dark and/or metallic colors. My car is yellow, which is part of the problem. Another forum member used to have a white car, and Zaino wouldn't do crap for him. Now he has a MagRed and the car looks great with Zaino. I've talked to many others with similar results. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2001, 03:02 PM
Mike Siska
Melting Slicks

One couldn't miss the Maguiars tent(s), but I was a bit disappointed upon finding the Zaino one. It was a backyard picnic canopy with a card table set up with Zaino products lined up. :confused:

What makes Zaino so much better? And is the product just beginning to take off, or is it meant to appear more as a small business than huge Maquiars?

I have used Meguiars and Mothers and a half dozen others. Zaino is about the deep shine. They don't need no stinkin hugh tent. It's all about how good the product is. That's why you will see more Zaino endorsements on this Forum than any other car care product :yesnod: :cheers: Just my .02
Old 08-27-2001, 03:06 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (Mike Siska)

try it for yourself,, if you dont like it,,someone will buy your extra
Old 08-27-2001, 03:24 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (vette2001c5)

I'm going to find out. Bought my supply this weekend in Carlisle. :D
Old 08-27-2001, 04:07 PM
zoneblock
Burning Brakes

I have Zaino on my coupe, and Maguiars on my Harley. Both are black, and the difference to me is the depth of shine from the Zaino. They are both good, but the Zaino does seem to be easier to use.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:33 PM
kraff
Burning Brakes

Yeah.. Real, Real good:D. What I like about it:

1 - Ultra deep shine.
2 - Very easy on/off.
3 - Car looks just as good after washing as it does after a coat of Z. Used to hate that about wax based products.
4 - With Zaino on the car, getting tar, bug crap and other stuff off is unbelievably easy.
5 - Since it doesn't contain solvents, you can use it all the time with no worries.
6 - Support. The distributors are always online answering questions and providing solutions. Plus, you can get Sal himself on email or phone.

So... Give it a try and I'll buy it if you don't like it. :D
Old 08-27-2001, 05:44 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

To my knowledge, it is a much smaller company compared to Meguiars. I think Zaino has been around for a while. I just bought some Zaino recently.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:54 PM
SDVette
Safety Car

Received 1,295 Likes on 560 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (stock)
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Never judge a company or a product by it's marketing budget!!

Maguiars is a fine product.. But Zaino is an excellent product, and Sal Zaino, although I have never met him face-to-face (phone and email only), is the kind of guy I want to give my business to (even though he's a Viper guy :eek: )
Old 08-27-2001, 06:21 PM
Tiger Shark
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Is Zaino really that good? (SDVette)

Smaller companies are usually more customer focused.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:39 PM
Nisman
Intermediate

My wife calls Zaino, beauty products for my car. I'm of the opinion "To each his own", but since you asked... It's great stuff. All I can say is try it. Seeing is believing. Be sure to bring your shades :cool:

This pic was taken after my first coat of Zaino.

Get notified of new replies

To Is Zaino really that good?

Old 08-27-2001, 06:50 PM
Halls 2
Pro

Hey, like dbvettez06 I'm 50+ and for the most part hype proof. I've heard the Amway, Shackle, and all the others sell out of your garage business plans and figured this was just one more marketing plan to make money for the chain as opposed to a for real high end product (that everyone claims). Further more, I've used all the wax products over the years like Blue Coral, Wax Shop, Turtle Wax, most everything that has "carnuba" along with the silicon base polishes and Zaino was just one more product out there as far as I was concerned.

I kept reading post, however, from folks that were not selling but just relaying their experience with the product and had nothing to gain and that made me a bit curious. Finally I thought I had to give it a try. I followed the detailed procedure for applying the product, with the cotton towels, Dawn, Z1, Z2, Z6, etc, and wash with Z7. My impression at first was it is much easier to put on and take off, much faster, smells good (instead of like bug killer), and the shine came up right away on the first coat. I thought if it holds up I think I will like this product. Well, held up it did. In fact to test it I Zaino'ed the hood of my truck and used Meguiar's on the rest of the truck. My truck sits out in the sun and weather 24/7. About two months later I washed it and the Zaino'ed hood beaded water very well where the Meguiar's was dead. Additionally, the hood still had a great shine.

Sold!

I took all my Meguiar's products, about $80 worth (some unopened), and put them in a box took them to work and gave them away. The guys at work thought I was nuts and gladly took them off my hands. Now with many coats of Z2/Z6 on my cars the shine is really starting to pop! Multiple coats really do look good and it is also easier to clean. I also Zaino my windows and it works like rain-x and makes the bugs easier to remove.

The stuff flat works.

c5rose, try it, you will like it! If you don't send it to me and I will use it.

Old 08-27-2001, 06:51 PM
Tom Talbott
Melting Slicks

Zaino is the best product out there! Not a wax, rather a polish! I was a dyed in the wool MeGuiars user for years untill I finally decided to try Zaino, based on all the ranting and raving here at CF! Was totally skeptical! By the time I finished claybarring, I thought to myself, this is rediculous! But proceeded and when the first coat of Z2 was finished I was absolutely amazed...I finally had the deep shine I had always wanted but never had. The finish looks like red glass...Kinda' like a marble.

Give it a go! You'll never switch again!
Old 08-27-2001, 06:53 PM
Brazen C5
Racer

IMO I dont think it takes much to get the C5's to shine deeply. But I like Zaino because of the easy application and the smooth to the touch feel. I had a friend's mom even comment on the gloss and smooth touch!! That even amazed me that she picked up on it.

Here is a cool post on a Zaino vs. other polishes comparison.
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Plus gotta show the Zaino shine!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is Zaino really that good?